Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 Skypephone Launch

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Exactly same problem, had all contacts as 08X1234567 and had to change them all to +3538X1234567, only use phone for text and skype so never noticed the problem with the incoming calls.

Do texts from other 083 numbers also come in as +35383 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

I have the same problem too. I have to put two phone numbers for each contact, one +3538xxx, one 08xxx

very annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

like gaydar?
    like gaydar?

not sure if that site is available on a phone but it probably is also blocked by three along with many other much more innocent sites while many hardcore adult sites are still available!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Yeah mine is the 512MB. The charger does not make noises for me but I do notice that the battery doesn't last long, I have to charge it every day.

I do like it as a phone but I get the feeling that it was kinda rushed. Just some silly mistakes like the phone numbers, the sync software doesn't allow you to enter skype name when editing a contact, it randomly vibrates from time to time even though i haven't got a message/call, and a couple of other issues. But overall I'm happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Love this idea :) plan to get one for Xmas and if most of my friends get on Skype I'll kill the voda sim and just use this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

neilled wrote: »
    The Three Skype Application is based on the iskoot client which isn't reliant on data, but dials a number instead and then connects the call.

I have just returned this after a week and I can state that once I was in a non video coverage area, there was no Skype.

anon00 wrote: »
    guys,

you would have to be stark raving maD to rely on a successful skyperphone service from three, I mean seriosuly have any of ye looked at the 3 broadband thread, its a good three hour read if you got time to kill.

Could it be.....is it.....the Ghost of Legs11?

I got a 512 with mine. The whole package seemed really good value as the phone wasn't bad. However, the 35c a minute call charges to other mobile nets meant it was a non-starter for me. 5c MMS were excellent, even from Belfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

culabula wrote: »
    I got a 512 with mine. The whole package seemed really good value as the phone wasn't bad. However, the 35c a minute call charges to other mobile nets meant it was a non-starter for me. 5c MMS were excellent, even from Belfast.

Why bother with prepay, billpay at €19 gives u 100 mins any network, any time so 19c as opposed to 35c, or €29 gives u 200 mins so 14.5c a min

skearon wrote: »
    Why bother with prepay, billpay at €19 gives u 100 mins any network, any time so 19c as opposed to 35c, or €29 gives u 200 mins so 14.5c a min

Because 3 Irl, alone among all the national networks, will not let us nordy lepers have billpay accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mitabrev

Anybody get the MSN messenger to work on the skypephone?
    I downloaded the application, but cant get it to work. I can't seem to add anybody to the list who have an underscore ( _ ) in their email address. Even when people are online, they appear offline on my contact list. And not all of my contacts load either. Anybody else have these probs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Beta21

so if you have say N73 and you buy 3 simpack. would get the same service as on the SKYPEPHONE in regards to skype function?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭portomar

my understanding is that 3 don't sell simcards on their own. actually thats defo the case, was talking to a guy in 3 who told a customer when i was there that thats the case. he reckons (he seemed genuine enough, worked for carphone warehouse before etc.)that regarding n95 theres no point getting one on the web or wherever else because 3 have spent a lot of time sorting out which software is best and worst for use with it, hence the delay, whereas vodafone and 02 just stick it on market straight away (given the things ive heard bout vodafones software from my sis who worked for them i am inclined to believe him) so he reckons the only way to get full use out of it is to buy it on 3... could also mean hes on commision and the n95 is €400 odd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

yeah commission is something he would have mastered working in the carphone warehouse! the three n73 i had was knobbled by three's software so in my opinion people are better getting non-three(sim-free) handsets

Advertisement