Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are all the normal men!

• 11-11-2007 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

I just want to meet a normal man.... Any suggestions welcome?

suppose i miss spending time with men.... I'm not saying im looking for a bf or anything, but god....any of the men i have met lately either have a gf or totally get freaked out as im a pretty up front kinda lass.

who will win? 1 vote

The Gorilla
    0% 0 votes
    The Tiger
    100% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Try a dating agency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

That_Guy wrote: »
    Try a dating agency.
    She said she wants normal men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It's where you're going i'd say. I'm one of those what you see is what you get fellas, never very popular with the ladies, was the "cute" friend. But, luckily, my current girlfriend saw past that. I think if you're still looking for the shockingly good looking guy, 9 times out of 10 you'll meet a w@nker, and they have serious issues with up front women, as they think they can't control you then, cuz they love control.

Granted, there are the few shockingly good looking fellas who are genuinely nice and decent, but as i said, 9 times out of 10 you're talking to a pr1ck. Try different bars or places you go, don't go to trendy or modern places, stay away from the rugby or sport places, and you should find soe decent fellas up for a laugh.

Depends on what you're looking for. Looks or personality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

here's meself, 21, former student of DKIT, now in DIT.

Interested in pseudointellectual discourse and I draw pretentious comics quite regularly. You can't get moar normal than this ;)

• Advertisement

Looks or personality.
    Well, one can't just stare at one's girlfriend or boyfriend all day. There has to be more than looks to it!

That's true I guess. Looks aren't important for me, they're just a bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭WildIrishRose

That's true I guess. Looks aren't important for me, they're just a bonus.

Thanks for your comment...will keep them in mind, :o

here's meself, 21, former student of DKIT, now in DIT.

Interested in pseudointellectual discourse and I draw pretentious comics quite regularly. You can't get moar normal than this ;)

Are you from Dundalk?

It's where you're going i'd say. I'm one of those what you see is what you get fellas, never very popular with the ladies, was the "cute" friend. But, luckily, my current girlfriend saw past that. I think if you're still looking for the shockingly good looking guy, 9 times out of 10 you'll meet a w@nker, and they have serious issues with up front women, as they think they can't control you then, cuz they love control.

Granted, there are the few shockingly good looking fellas who are genuinely nice and decent, but as i said, 9 times out of 10 you're talking to a pr1ck. Try different bars or places you go, don't go to trendy or modern places, stay away from the rugby or sport places, and you should find soe decent fellas up for a laugh.

Thanks Potential Monke:D

• Advertisement

europerson wrote: »
    She said she wants normal men.

Yeah.... I can only imagine what i'd get from a agency! hehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 14 irish-lad22

what kind of man are you looking for

I'd say you're hoping the answer will be a 22-year-old Irish lad, new to Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 irish-lad22

It was a question that needed to be asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

why would you settle for normal when you can have abnormal

im a pretty up front kinda lass.
    More detail required, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

Are you from Dundalk?

I'm from Dundalk. In fact, I'm travelling to and from Dublin every college day. You may see me near DKIT from Monday to friday at around 7 or 8 o'clock in the evening ;)

I'm recked tired tonight so i will edit the message togive you more detail tommorrow night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just to add a comment, normality cannot be defined in a person, but you're probably looking for someone who's not [see post á lá moi above].

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,727 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No knives please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I just want to meet a normal man.... Any suggestions welcome?

suppose i miss spending time with men.... I'm not saying im looking for a bf or anything, but god....any of the men i have met lately either have a gf or totally get freaked out as im a pretty up front kinda lass.

OP, are you just looking for a male companion to just hang around the college with or someone to get to know as friends in the dundalk area?

draffodx wrote: »
    OP, are you just looking for a male companion to just hang around the college with or someone to get to know as friends in the dundalk area?

Ah someone to as a friend.... out of college more so! Have moved back to the area not so long ago so just wanna meet more people...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

have you any interest in any of the clubs or socities that are in the college?

a list of the clubs can be found here - http://ww2.dkit.ie/student_life/student_services/clubs/clubs

and a list of the societies can be found here - http://ww2.dkit.ie/student_life/student_services/clubs/societies

they usually meet and do there thing on a wednesday evening, probably a good way to meet new people with similiar interests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Joining a club is probably a good option, do you talk to people in your classes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 brassballs

what about all the normal women ? ive recently transferred from gmit leaving my friends behind and am strugglin to find normal women ! all i want is a nice lass.;););););)

A tall....dark nd handsome one!:D

A tall....dark nd handsome one!:D
    That's <snip> out, then.

He is quite good looking though, in an ugly sort of way....

He is quite good looking though, in an ugly sort of way....
    If I were gay, I wouldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lilyrose

europerson wrote: »
    If I were gay, I wouldn't.

u so would admit it denial will getn u nowhere:D:D:D

Advertisement