Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Rifle

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

18 weeks and counting for rifle licence, no end in sight, I wonder if this is a new strategy on the Gardai's behalf ?

No. It's an old and well-used one.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭the hunter

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Fair enough so.

I am into week 8 of looking for a shotgun licence with no end in sight. :(

jesus 8 weeks ??? ive just applied for shotgun licence and was hoping to have it for christmas ? which part of the country are you in ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Laois/Offaly

I got the licence on Friday night, I had applied on October 1st. Apparently 8 weeks is nothing in LS/OY . I was told that 8 weeks is very fast for them.

Laois/Offaly

I got the licence on Friday night, I had applied on October 1st. Apparently 8 weeks is nothing in LS/OY . I was told that 8 weeks is very fast for them.

thats ridiculious .. i applied for mine on saturday evening ..ill let you know when it comes .:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

It only took 3 weeks for my shotgun licence last April (Meath) thats why I was so surprised it took 4 months for the .22 licence.

• Advertisement

the hunter wrote: »
    thats ridiculious .. i applied for mine on saturday evening ..ill let you know when it comes .:o

i just phoned the fo and my licence is there :D:D ,,, that was close i wasnt expecting to have it for christmas.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Congrats and safe shooting.

Congrats and safe shooting.

thank you ..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

A follow up to seamusgi4szw excellent post.
    The following procedure is an article by Jim Shults that ran in the April 1998 issue of Petersen's Rifle Shooter. The link is a slow to load.

http://centerfirecentral.com/lapbore1.htm

Good shooting and Merry Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Laois/Offaly

Took 2 weeks and 4 days to get my first license in Clare. Twas my first gun, and a .22 at that. Gun friendly country round here :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement