Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter Storage, is it necessary?

• 11-11-2007 11:37pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭

Just bought my first motorhome yesterday ;) & realistically wont get to use it untill next spring save the odd day-trip, is winter storage (aka covered) necessary/reccommended or would a simple tarpaulin be adequate:confused:

Benny

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Storage in a dry shed or something brings the advantage (besides the obvoius of being out of the weather) that you can leave the rooflights open a bit and get good circulation, so no dampness.

Is it really necessary?

Not really, but it won't do any harm either.

I would definetely advise against "a simple tarpaulin" as after a typical windy winter it will have scratched your motorhome to bits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

Every winter i leave a few bowls of salt on the tables etc to soak up the mositure instead of buying a dehumdifier (You would be suprised how much water it collects). :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 An Rón

I can cover a motor home with shrink film which will not flog as tarpaulins do. Adhesive vents can also be fitted as can adhesive doors to get access to the motor home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

An Rón wrote: »
    I can cover a motor home with shrink film which will not flog as tarpaulins do. Adhesive vents can also be fitted as can adhesive doors to get access to the motor home.

How much would it cost to do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

I put a dehumidifier in my sink and run it for 15mins every 3-4 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I keep the MH elevated at the front so water runs off the top immediately. Plus I bring it for a spin most weekends, even if's its only to the shops.

Advertisement