Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Three Rival Newspapers in Kilkenny

• 12-11-2007 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

What does anyone think of the three competing newspapers in Kilkenny?

I think they seem to imagine readers are completely stupid human beings...look at the quality of the journalism.

Each paper is trying desperately to out-do the other, resulting, not in higher quality reporting and journalism, but in "a race to the bottom"...with all sorts of utterly crass articles getting into print!

Any views?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭just-wonderin

totaly agree, plus full of advertisments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Oh yeah. The People had a nice little monopoly to itself for a long time, never a good thing. I think the Voice went down the sensationalist route to try and attract the attention of people who'd normally buy the People or who wouldn't be buying local papers at all. And as for the Advertiser...well the good thing about it is that it's free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 BricanaBarbie

The people will always be my favourite but i'm likin the magazine that the voice has..We buy both papers in my house..

Advertisement