Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA Genesis Prediction Thread

• 12-11-2007 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

Anyone care that this is on? :D

Team 3D vs. The Motor City Machineguns
    MCMG with the upset...and to get a severe beatdown afterward

Abyss vs. Black Reign - SHOP OF HORRORS MATCH
    Shop of Horrors?? :confused: Dustins gimmick gets weirder and weirder,but he gets the win here

Kaz vs. Christian Cage - FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT TOURNAMENT FINAL LADDER MATCH
    Could be match of the night! Although I'd love to see Kaz going over,CC should win with interference from either AJ or Tomko

Samoa Joe vs. Robert Roode
    Does is pay to be Roode? Doubt it! Joe to win

“Black Machismo” Jay Lethal vs. “The Guru” Sonjay Dutt
    - X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Not really pushed. Lethal to win

Gail Kim vs. Roxxi Laveaux vs. ODB vs. Angel Williams - WOMEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP
    Prob keep it on Gail for another while methinks

AJ Styles and Tomko vs. The Steiner Brothers - WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
    From what I've seen of them,Styles and Tomko are a pretty good team,I see them retaining

Kurt Angle and Kevin Nash vs. Sting and a Mystery Partner - WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

With all the rumours (and their save_us like viral campaign of Stings partner being "
    Booker T
    I can see him pinning the Stinger and winning the TNA strap on his first night in!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

TNA Title - Angle/Nash vs Sting/??? - Angle
    Mystery Partner: booka
    X Title - Lethal vs Dutt - lethal
    TNA Tag Titles - AJ/Tomko vs Steiners - aj/tomko
    TNA Womens Title - Gail vs Roxxi vs ODB vs Angel - gail
    #1 Contender Ladder Match - Christian vs Kaz - captain charisma
    Little Shop of Horrors Match - Abyss vs Black Reign - surely not dustin here, has to be abyss
    Samoa Joe vs Robert Roode - joe
    Team 3D vs Motor City Machine Guns - 3D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Team 3D vs. The Motor City Machineguns
    Team 3D followed by a beat down and save from a load of X Division stars....Bubba through a table anyone!

Abyss vs. Black Reign - SHOP OF HORRORS MATCH
    What ever happened to a "Hardcore Match"...not scary enough. Black Reign

Kaz vs. Christian Cage - FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT TOURNAMENT FINAL LADDER MATCH
    Christian to win, possibly cleanly!!!

Samoa Joe vs. Robert Roode
    Joe to win

“Black Machismo” Jay Lethal vs. “The Guru” Sonjay Dutt
    - X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
    Match of the night hopefully. Lethal retains

Gail Kim vs. Roxxi Laveaux vs. ODB vs. Angel Williams - WOMEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP
    Gail Kim. Where's Awesome Kong? Injured?

AJ Styles and Tomko vs. The Steiner Brothers - WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
    Captain A.J. and Tomko

Kurt Angle and Kevin Nash vs. Sting and a Mystery Partner - WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
    Kurt pins the "mystery" partner. Setting up Christian Angle and you know who in a 3-way at the next PPV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Sounds like the PPV is off to a flyer! Here's what Meltzer says:
    "in 15 minutes you pretty much can see 80% of what's wrong with TNA in highlights form"

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

I didn't even know this was on tonight until I watched Gail Kim vs. Alexa jade from Impact just now. Seeing as I only watch the Knockouts stuff I had no idea what the other matches were until I read this thread. Women's match aside, nothing looks that interesting to me aside from maybe Joe vs. Roode.

Anyways, Gail to retain her title, and Kong to destroy everyone afterwards.

Some decent stuff from what I saw. Dutt and Lethal had the sort of X-Division match that the crowd loves. Dutt stole Kota Ibushi's moonsault spot

I really like AJ and Tomko, Tomko's improved so much in a few years. Their match was about as good as the Steiners can be these days

Joe and Bobby Roode had a nice match. That ref is too big to be a ref. There was the usual horrible camera work, Traci was on the ground at the end and I had no idea why

Christian and Kaz had the best match on the show, from what I saw. Christian got smacked in the face with the ladder early on and it didn't look nice. The contract fell down at one stage, so they just started fighting to see who could get the clipboard, which is obviously more important

Booker got a great reaction. The match wasn't anything much. Ending had the usual ref bump and interference. Maybe if Sting and Booker had come up with better interferences they might have won, Sharmell wasn't a smart choice. I was expecting Angle to win after Kaz got the title shot. I'd be surprised if Kaz gets his title match at the next PPV

I hear Johnny Stamboli debuted on the show, I like that guy. Some good matches anyway, but it's not as if they managed to get more people to buy the PPV

• Advertisement

Apparently Traci collapsed for real, which would explain that. I thought that might have happened at first, but they seemed to be taking so long to take care of her that I assumed it was planned. Reports say that she's fine now

I just went onto TNA's website, and their inability to effectively market their product is so blatantly obvious. There's just one small line about Booker T that would be so easy to miss. The main thing you see on the page is an ad for their next PPV. Why wouldn't they stick a big picture of Booker up?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I was thinking the exact same Fozzy. I went on there this morning expecting there to be a picture up or even an interview about how pumped he is to be part of TNA but nothing. They really havent a clue.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That main event was a mess. There was no need for Styles, Christian and Tomko to be out there. Talk about a clusterf*ck.

Sharmell's debut should have been saved too. It could have been worked well into a storyline down the line. Oh wait, TNA doesn't think that far ahead do they?

I think WWE's lawyers might also be on to TNA about Booker's theme music. It's way too like his WWE one.

I also note they're trying to get Scott Hall in since they got a good rating with him (by their standards). So that means we'll have Nash, Hall, Booker, Sting, Steiners. Then you've got Russo booking. What does this remind me of...

The company is simply all about old WCW - and released WWE - wrestlers. They need to build their own identity. The fact that the main event didn't feature a wrestler who you'd regard as a "TNA guy" shows you why this company is doomed to fail. They must be laughing their arses off up in Stamford at the absurdity of it all.

I've no idea why Booker chose to get involved. I know he was pissed off at how Triple H buried him but these guys won't do his career any use either

The fact that the main event didn't feature a wrestler who you'd regard as a "TNA guy" shows you why this company is doomed to fail. They must be laughing their arses off up in Stamford at the absurdity of it all.
    Also the fact that the youngest guy in the main event was 38 years old brings back memories of WCW's downward slide. Joe is the only "TNA" guy who has a chance at holding the title and he's been dragged away further from the main event picture now. And Kaz is getting his title shot this Thursday. Looks like they'll have an age limit for their PPV title matches for a while now, you have to be over 40 to get one. Christian is the only guy who has a chance at breaking that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

would McMahon in any way be threatened by TNA and buy them out...the only reason i watch TNA is for KURT Christian and JOE...if these three were back with WWE id watch it a lot more..And im sure it would get a lot more viewers in the US of A...ye think??

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    would McMahon in any way be threatened by TNA and buy them out...the only reason i watch TNA is for KURT Christian and JOE...if these three were back with WWE id watch it a lot more..And im sure it would get a lot more viewers in the US of A...ye think??

Even if Vince wanted to buy them, I really doubt that TNA's owners would want to sell at the moment. Vince wasn't prepared to push Christian when he was at the peak of his popularity, so I don't see why Vince would want him back. I don't know if Kurt would want to go back to WWE either, and Joe isn't the sort of guy who WWE usually pushes

Short answer, won't be happening!

MNG makes a fair point about the age of the guys in the main event on TNA but looking at WWE it really is not much better to be honest, outside of Orton we have Triple H, Shawn Michaels on Raw, undertaker and batista on smackdown all 38+

TNA's roster is quite strong now and their PPVs are usually better than those of the WWE despite all of the gimmicky crap, they are at the same point now WCW found themselves circa 1993-94, what they wouldn't give for someone like The Rock to bring them to the next level
    as for booker he didn't really another choice, he still has years of top class wrestling left in him and he was terribly used in the WWE for a guy of his talent. much reduced workload now too don't forget and fans that actually appreciate his talent.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    MNG makes a fair point about the age of the guys in the main event on TNA but looking at WWE it really is not much better to be honest, outside of Orton we have Triple H, Shawn Michaels on Raw, undertaker and batista on smackdown all 38+

There's a big difference there. First of all, there's not many WWE guys who are better than Shawn Michaels, so he's deserving of his place regardless of his age. But how many TNA guys are better than Kevin Nash?

Secondly, while there are wrestlers in WWE who are better than Batista, there aren't many who rival his popularity among fans. I know he's not the most popular on the internet, but the kids make up a larger audience and they love the guy. I don't think that the same can be said for Nash

Thirdly, Sting has said in the past that he plans to retire at the end of the year, and according to recent reports he hasn't signed an extension to his contract which ends soon. So why is he being used in the main event with established guys like Angle? I mean,
    Christian put over Kaz last night, which is good, but Christian is a guy who still offers something for many years to come. Sting doesn't, and if he's just being used to fight other old guys then it all amounts to nothing when he's gone
    TNA's roster is quite strong now and their PPVs are usually better than those of the WWE despite all of the gimmicky crap, they are at the same point now WCW found themselves circa 1993-94, what they wouldn't give for someone like The Rock to bring them to the next level

If the Rock of 1997 showed up in TNA today, do you really think that he'd be given a chance? Maybe you mean the Rock of today, but my point is that TNA have buckets of talented guys who they don't treat as stars

As for their PPVs being better than WWE's, it's true to an extent, but very few people buy them and it's the same people every time. They're not going to go anywhere if they can't make people want to watch their PPVs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

I want to see how the numbers are after a TNA Vs WWE PPV......

The only reason nash was in the main event last night was because he has been hanging onto kurt's coat-tails for the last 6 months or so and this was an easy way to get him back wrestling. we all know about nash's injury problems, if he continues full-time he will be injured by january at the latest anyway.

Sting is in the main event for the same reason batista, taker, triple h are; because he is over, ironically he is far more mobile than the other 3 guys at present :D personally i don't think Sting will retire at the end of the year, his career has taken another upturn and he would be crazy to bow out now.

i did mean Rock of today, TNA need someone to create the same impact hogan did when he joined WCW in 1994 (which meant WWE fans started taking them seriously); no chance of Rock going there though, at least not in the foreseeable future .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I said it ages ago and it still holds through. The more guys that the WWE release, the more TNA suffers. They have way too many "big names" who are in it just for the glory of being the top man in a promotion. Also, Christian is the reason alot of people including myself watch TNA. I don't mind him losing but to Kaz, c'mon

i did mean Rock of today, TNA need someone to create the same impact hogan did when he joined WCW in 1994 (which meant WWE fans started taking them seriously); no chance of Rock going there though, at least not in the foreseeable future .

Sting created an impact when he first joined TNA, their tv ratings went up higher than they are now I believe, and that's when they were airing at 11pm. Then TNA turned away all the extra fans that they had watching

Kurt Angle made an impact when he joined, not as much as Sting did, but more people paid for the first PPV that Angle was on than what TNA usually got. Then the second PPV he was on, the numbers went down, but there were still more people watching than before Angle was there. Then by the time the 4th PPV came along, TNA had again turned away all the extra people who they had got watching

If The Rock showed up on TNA the ratings would go up, but I see no reason to suggest why they would stay up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I said it ages ago and it still holds through. The more guys that the WWE release, the more TNA suffers. They have way too many "big names" who are in it just for the glory of being the top man in a promotion. Also, Christian is the reason alot of people including myself watch TNA. I don't mind him losing but to Kaz, c'mon

Well if it means Kaz gets a decent push and gets to another level then i'm all for it. I gues it's a minor (very minor) attempt at creating new stars, which can only be good thing. But this is TNA so he'll probably lose to Kurt in about 30 seconds and go back to losing in the X Division.

Advertisement