Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 316...front fogs?

Options
  • 12-11-2007 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Bought a '98 316 on friday...have only 2 small probs with it.
    First, the bulb in one of the front fogs doesnt work and for the life of me I can't figure out how to get access to the bulb to replace it...anyone have any ideas?
    And secondaly, anyone know how much a replacement switch is for the the electric window and where do I get one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

For fog lights, these should help:

http://www.gbnetwork.co.uk/bmw/foglights/index.html
    http://www.bimmerpages.com/forums/f29/e36-fog-light-removal-679/

Whats wrong with the switch? If it has become floppy, it should be an easy fix with glue as far as I remember. If you need a new one try Otto in Finglas 018081333, or GSF near Clondalkin on the Nangor road 014606062.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Check out ebay too - they are regularly sold there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I presume its a E36... you get at the front fogs from underneath, its a bit of a squeeze, on my E36 the connector just needed cleaning up to get one of them working...

Whats wrong with the window switch? I'd be surprised if its damaged, as the switch does not control the power to the window the ZKE module does, did you try swap with the passenger side one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭babel

The switch for the drivers window went in my BMW (drivers side) I got a replacement fitted with in Murphy & Gunne (dublin) for around 40 euro. Evidently it is quite a common problem. hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Eoin087

Thanks for the reply guys, will see if I can manage to change the bulb tomorrow.
    As for the window, the fella I bought the car off said the relay was gone and shouldn't cost to much....started working though yesterday :S

This question might seem fierce stupid on my part, but where is the aerial supposed to be locatated on the car? Can't pick up anything stations with the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Below is a very handy site for finding parts on bimmers and also gives you an idea how parts go together;

http://www.realoem.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Eoin087 wrote: »
    This question might seem fierce stupid on my part, but where is the aerial supposed to be locatated on the car? Can't pick up anything stations with the radio.
    It's located in the rear window. That's why when you turn on the de-mist the radio sometimes goes nutz if you are listening to anything on MW.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Eoin087 wrote: »
    As for the window, the fella I bought the car off said the relay was gone and shouldn't cost to much....started working though yesterday :S

Ummmm does the other window work? Does the window move at all??

The relay's which controls the windows are contained in the ZKE module behind the glove box... The problem is they are soldered into the PCB of the ZKE module... It is possible to replace them, but you'll need the correct relay and a big soldering iorn... You'll also need to identify which relay it is, there should be 2...

When i got my E36 the passenger window didn't work, and the relay for the passenger window was gone... I didn't have the correct relay so i soldered up a pair of relays to replace it, worked perfect for the next 3 years i had the car...

Advertisement