Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The word "scum" in the soccer forum

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Reported posts are biased in the soccer forum one fan will report another teams fan easily but wouldnt report his own teams fan, so they can only be taken as a reference, sucks but thats the way it is.

And then you add in mods with the ability to view the reported post forum will report people of another team just to get them banned and even post on the reported post to ensure it.

Its a pain in the hole and far more **** than the users know.

kdjac

An now hang on a second, why would any of that matter? If a reported post has merit then it shouldn't matter how legitimate the reasons behind it.

MrJoeSoap: would you prefer a mod who didn't care in the slightest for the game but rather blindly enforced the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Boston wrote: »
    An now hang on a second, why would any of that matter? If a reported post has merit then it shouldn't matter how legitimate the reasons behind it.

MrJoeSoap: would you prefer a mod who didn't care in the slightest for the game but rather blindly enforced the rules.

I'd prefer some sort of a mix to be honest, a moderator who understands the game and knows what is going on, somebody who will be on the forum regularly and know the posters and their habits and personalities.

At the same time, the rules are there to be enforced and if some people are being punished for breaking them and others aren't then there is always going to be seen to be something wrong.

I don't have a problem with any of the current moderators and this thread isn't about them at all really, it's more about the actual charter itself and how it has been and will be enforced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I'd prefer some sort of a mix to be honest, a moderator who understands the game and knows what is going on, somebody who will be on the forum regularly and know the posters and their habits and personalities.

At the same time, the rules are there to be enforced and if some people are being punished for breaking them and others aren't then there is always going to be seen to be something wrong.

I don't have a problem with any of the current moderators and this thread isn't about them at all really, it's more about the actual charter itself and how it has been and will be enforced.

Which is what you got and why you didnt get banned and the list you posted all didnt get banned as common sense was used, 2 i missed and possibly should have been banned, others common sense prevailed.

Seriously if anyone that complains about the mods of the forum wants a crack at it i will glady swap forums with them.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Which is what you got and why you didnt get banned and the list you posted all didnt get banned as common sense was used, 2 i missed and possibly should have been banned, others common sense prevailed.

Seriously if anyone that complains about the mods of the forum wants a crack at it i will glady swap forums with them.

kdjac

But I did get banned...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

r3nu4l wrote: »
    As a tip for mods who do edit threads, it's often an idea to report the post first so you still have a copy of exactly what was posted. ;)
    Karoma does that quite a bit.
    I keep meaning to do it myself, but always forget.
    cson wrote: »
    Fair enough, I've just never seen mods of the same forum have it out like that before.
    The rest of us do it on the mod forum. :)

• Advertisement

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    But I did get banned...

then!

then you and everyone else complained about nazi like modding!

wanna swap?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

kdjac

Kdjac ,

I really don’t think that anyone is doubting the hard work that the soccer mods do on the board it is in-fact a thankless job I personally think the thread is more about the inconsistency in the forum regarding the Charter rules as i said it seems to be one rule for the goose the other with the gander in certain cases but you can also see sometimes the forum been ruled over like a iron fist , Without a shadow of a doubt soccer creates more feedback that any other forum , There is no need to be so defensive. Personal I think you guys do a great job but also need some help , like for instance why is talla even a soccer moderator he hasn’t posted there in months and I fully understand that he has a life outside of boards , my point been that add another moderator in that position to help out on the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

You cant have it both ways, everyone in soccer asked for more tolerance which was given in certain instances where just being a fan/person who watches football on tv(lol) was seriously pissed off at something in a game and posted something which broke the charter in a moment of passion.

Considering how worked up soccer fans get, there's an attraction with giving casual fans/non-fans the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Notice how most of the longterm mods on boards.ie wouldnt touch with a bargepole but snipe at every oppurtunity (mike65, WWM etc: )

Rofflecopter.

you think im sniping at you?

i see no where where i sniped at you. i suggested waqiting for the mod to come and tell the OP what the issue was, and then when i figured out he was complaining about something that happened a year ago, i asked him what his problem was.

the only thing i said to you was that people were complaining about the inconsistancy on the forum, something which you seemed to have either ignored in your earlier post, or just didnt see.

you went on about tolerence, or lack of, but that isnt an issue.

i also told you to ignore anyone who has a go at you just becuase you have a'debate' with a fellow mod.

you are ever so defensive. you take everything in a very negative way. even the suggestion earlier in the year of a second forum for football had you hopping onto the thread, having a bash at every poster there as troublemakers, and saying it was a stupid idea.

if you want, i will happily take over your role as a mod there. contrary to what psi thinks, ive never been offered the position of a soccer mod, except by gandalf, and hes not really in a position to offer mod ships about, only make suggestions. and that was a long time ago.

but hey, you feel like stepping down, sure, i will take it on. after all, if i can sort out the AH forum, the soccer forum should be a piece of piss, right?

nesf wrote: »
    Considering how worked up soccer fans get, there's an attraction with giving casual fans/non-fans the job.

lol you mod after hours, get....the.....fcuk .....away :D

Sarge its one or the other there is no in between unless you want to pay us, cos that sounds like job stuff.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

:p

WWM for mod extra mod dutties. If only for the feedback threads...

Sarge its one or the other there is no in between unless you want to pay us, cos that sounds like job stuff.

kdjac

But back to my original suggestion about adding another mod in place of the inactive Talla , currently there is a clear out happening why was he not suggested by one of the soccer mods to be replaced ?

but hey, you feel like stepping down, sure, i will take it on. after all, if i can sort out the AH forum, the soccer forum should be a piece of piss, right?

ok i should have pointed out this swap would not have anything with after hours related to it, suppose i could mod writing a book if jk rowlings can do it...
    you are ever so defensive. you take everything in a very negative way. even the suggestion earlier in the year of a second forum for football had you hopping onto the thread, having a bash at every poster there as troublemakers, and saying it was a stupid idea.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing, if i had of agreed almost all of the gob****es would be gone. dammit WWM you got me there :(

kdjac

Boston wrote: »
    WWM for mod extra mod dutties. If only for the feedback threads...

+1

but hes not allowed post about spurs.

kdjac

Sarge wrote: »
    But back to my original suggestion about adding another mod in place of the inactive Talla , currently there is a clear out happening why was he not suggested by one of the soccer mods to be replaced ?

good point, you do it :D

kdjac

good point, you do it :D

kdjac

I will then. AMp test blah blah

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

nice one, the bluff is called. [gets popcorn]

copacetic wrote: »
    nice one, the bluff is called. [gets popcorn]

Why havent you offered?

kdjac

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I'll do it.

I know nothing of football, only rules.

And I can explain the offside rule so women can understand it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Soccer mods dreamteam of WWM, Sangre, Silverfish, Sarge and MrJoeSoap?

Silverfish wrote: »
    I'll do it.

I know nothing of football, only rules.

And I can explain the offside rule so women can understand it.

Support +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

but then again i rarely visit the soccer forum anymore becuase of the mods.

The ironing is delicious, given the childish bans you dealt when you were modding AH :confused:

Think Soccer is grand myself, though seeing as Ive seen mods use the scum word surely that part should now be lifted.

ok i should have pointed out this swap would not have anything with after hours related to it, suppose i could mod writing a book if jk rowlings can do it...

its a personal forum, get your own.

you can mod anything in the Biz or Rec category. pick one that needs a mod.
    Hindsight is a beautiful thing, if i had of agreed almost all of the gob****es would be gone. dammit WWM you got me there :(

kdjac

so you think that anyone who disagrees with you is a gob****e?

you see, i really dont understand why you feel the need to resort to insulting me and anyone else. i only made practical suggestions on this thread, and yet you still persist in trying to make remarks.

its this kind of thing, that makes mods unpopular.

oh, and i dont really post about spurs on the soccer forum anymore anyway, so you wont have that issue.

so, how about it?

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    The ironing is delicious, given the childish bans you dealt when you were modding AH :confused:

2 things.

how is it ironic?

what childish bans?

I don't really see how he can back out of it, tbh KdjaC seems to want out.

its this kind of thing, that makes mods unpopular.

oh, and i dont really post about spurs on the soccer forum anymore anyway, so you wont have that issue.

so, how about it?

While your at it , can you add someone in place of talla as a moderator.

Ironic given that you seemed to indicate that the reason you dont visit the Soccer forum is that the mods are too harsh.

Im not going to search years back to find the "WWM had a bad day" bans. Im not even sure I personally got one, but I do recall some of it being rather petty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    Ironic given that you seemed to indicate that the reason you dont visit the Soccer forum is that the mods are too harsh.

Im not going to search years back to find the "WWM had a bad day" bans. Im not even sure I personally got one, but I do recall some of it being rather petty.
    Oh go home and bring the bee in your bonnet with you. Stop pissing on the thread because you don't like WWM. There's no contradiction between you not liking WWM's modding (which most people do; I think he can be a gimpy troll on Feedback [though he seems to have stopped that] but that his "Do you like us?" approach to AH is refreshing on a site all-too-often dictated by the Feb 98s) and him not visiting Soccer because he doesn't like the modding.

• Advertisement

He is complaining about a forum which is moderated more lightly and fairly than AH when he modded it. It is a valid point in a thread discussing the harshness of Soccer modding.

Advertisement