Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridiculous game

Options
  • 12-11-2007 6:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭

Just watched a totally ridiculous game between the Colts and Chargers. Manning throws six interceptions, three to the one guy. Colts special teams have learned nothing from the superbowl on how to stop kickoff and punt returns. They conceded two in the first quarter alone. Chargers were totally outplayed by the Colts in total yards. Then Vinitieri misses two straghtforward FGs, the second one to win the game from 29 yards.:rolleyes:

I had a bad feeling about Vinitieri kicking those. Is this guy finished as a clutch kicker? This is why they brought him in FFS.

Manning had a terrible start to the game 4 interceptions in a little over a quarter. His head doesn't seem to be sorted either, judging on this performance and the inability to put the patriots away last week.

Man am I a fed up Colts fan.:( Sometimes you're better off having low expectations of your team's season. Then you can be pleasantly surprised.

Let's face it everybody is totally relying on a freak shock result stopping the Patriots from romping home with the superbowl rings this season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

That was a weird game alright...altough i fell asleep half way through the second quarter to wake up at the start of the fourth.

Trying to eek out a 1st down on a false start penalty was a terrible decision....What if they had given up possesion completly.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

sounds a cracker. gutted i missed it but hey, it could be worse. you could be a chiefs fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 johndylan

Could be worse, I stayed up for it having wasted three hours of my life watching Eli Manning play like a drunk....fell asleep at some point in the 3rd but got all of the fourth...was very surprised at the Colts. Was so tired this morning I flattened the wheelie bin trying to reverse out of my drive....my wife is getting sick of this Monday morning spastic tiredness - anyone got a cure?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

That was a great match, I really enjoyed it. Loads of freaky stuff going on.
    Games like that is why the nfl rocks

And for colts fan, in fairness you had a lot of injuries so it was always going to be a struggle. You should have a much better team in AFC championship game, you will still lose obviously but hey just saying :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

johndylan wrote: »
    anyone got a cure?

Move to America!

I'm a chargers fan so pretty pleased with that result!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭Lothaar

Washout wrote: »
    Trying to eek out a 1st down on a false start penalty was a terrible decision....What if they had given up possesion completly.

It was a freaky game alright. The decision to draw the D offside was a good one IMO. They call a 'freeze' play, which tells the offense to simply not jump offside. That ball was never going to be snapped. Manning tries hard-counting, then the shifting receivers create more tension in the hope of drawing the defense.
    They'd never have given up possession. The worst case scenario for the O is that they give away a false start penalty... which is what happened, but it was still a chip shot FG. Stupid Vinatieri.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Leon11

Manning was missing two of his throwing options, it was likely that they weren't gonna be as smooth as previous games hence the higher number of interceptions, my 2 cent anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Everybody has a bad day!, Even the mighty manning. He's still no Tom Brady though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pbug21

johndylan wrote: »
    Could be worse, I stayed up for it having wasted three hours of my life watching Eli Manning play like a drunk...

Ive seen drunks play better! What's his story, he's so inconsistent. As for the Colts, why are they so vulnerable from punt/kickoff returns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Colts special teams let them down again big time in this match, what a game though. Twists and turns all the way through, just the reason why nfl is so good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement