Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Broadband - Clontarf Outage?

Options
  • 12-11-2007 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Hello, just wondering if anyone else using Smart Broadband in the Clontarf area lost service yesterday? Was working fine for me on Saturday evening but at some point on Saturday night it died and hadn't come back as of this morning.

I can do dial-up connections fine, and my router thinks it has a signal, but I can't view any web pages or make P2P connections.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Hello, just wondering if anyone else using Smart Broadband in the Clontarf area lost service yesterday? Was working fine for me on Saturday evening but at some point on Saturday night it died and hadn't come back as of this morning.

I can do dial-up connections fine, and my router thinks it has a signal, but I can't view any web pages or make P2P connections.

The Smart forums have an admin respose that mentions a known outage in Marino and Clontarf. Engineers are already out there since early this morning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Mines back up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

That's cool. I'd expected that if the problem was in the Exchange etc that I wouldn't get a signal... so I was afraid I'd messed something up at my end.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement