Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suddenly allergic to my mascara

• 12-11-2007 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

I've been wearin Yves Saint Laurent Masara for the last few years. It really is the best for making your eyelashes thick and long and I love it! The problem is, recently my eyes have been reacting badly to it (red, sore and puffy). This has happened whenever I've worn it for long periods over the last few weeks. Now, the tube is fairly new so I don't think that's the problem. I think I have to resign myself to the fact that I can't wear it anymore! :(

So, I'll need to go out an buy myself a new one. Does anyone have and suggestions/favourites that will make my eyelashes look great but are for more sensitive eyes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Was it just a reaction to this particular tube? Maybe there's something wrong with the chemicals in that tube?

Otherwise, I have very sensitive eyes and I use Lancome Mascara - find it very good especially amplicils.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

If it's very new, I'd return it and say you're allergic and ask for a new tube. I find cosmetics counters really good at taking returns on used items. I returned a face cream cos I was allergic to it, and another one because it had a really odd smell. There was no problem with either.
    Sometimes the batch might jsut have been funny, so make sure if you buy a new one you get it from a different counter, in case it's the same batch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you do decide to try a new mascara, I'd recommend Max Factor's Masterpiece (but not the MAX version). I used to have YSL and Masterpiece is much much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Thanks for the suggestions. It's not very new, I bought it in the airport about 2 months ago so I can't really return it. I've stopped wearing make up to work recently so am only wearing my mascara on nights out/occasionally during the week so am not noticing it that much. i was out on Saturday night so had loads of mascara on (obviously) and my eyes are still hurting today. It may be the tube I have but I think I'll give Dudara's suggestion a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

Sounds like the mascara could have gone off, they only last for about 3 months anyway. Also pumping the brush up and down in the tube before putting it on can shorten the life of mascara, air gets in and adds bacteria. If you want to try a new mascara, try Diorshow, I've got sensitive skin and cheaper stuff makes me look like I've been sniffing onions. Makes your eyelashes look great :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement