Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9 Days......

Options
  • 12-11-2007 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭

That's right 9 days until Hitman hits the big screen, who's excited, I am!
    Been looking forward to this since it was announced, but what if it's crap?
    Seriously, the game -> movie transition hasn't really ever been easy, will this be different, and awesome?
    Hopefully :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

but what if it's crap?

"If" it is crap ... :confused:

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭-TK^Creator

the new ad that there is now makes it out to look alot better than what i did look like. but... by good movie you mean a fun movie or a good movie verison of the hitman games? cos 47 falling in love isn't rly a big part of the games hehe that said looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Im looking forward to it but..

My mate read the script and he said that anyone who is a fan of the series will be disappointed with the film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

I dunno. All things considered, the Silent Hill movie was the best game to movie translation so far imo. Sure there were a few fundamental changes, but it could have bee terrible like the rest of them which it wasn't....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

the new ad that there is now makes it out to look alot better than what i did look like. but... by good movie you mean a fun movie or a good movie verison of the hitman games? cos 47 falling in love isn't rly a big part of the games hehe that said looking forward to it

As long as 47 is cold-hearted while making a hit, rather than 1990's action hero, "Hey mouse, say cheese." and generally maintains that aura of coolness brought on by the games, I'm more or less happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

looks crap tbh. From the clips it looks like they are making the hitman way too emotional for my liking. I would of been happy with there being no love interest at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm not exactly excited about it, but I'll still give it a watch. It might be fun.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    looks crap tbh. From the clips it looks like they are making the hitman way too emotional for my liking. I would of been happy with there being no love interest at all.

HE KILLED HIS OWN BUDGIE!!! OFC HE'S A HEARTLESS BASTARD!!:eek:

*possible spolier if u still haven't finished blood money :p*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Sounds like it should be ****tte so.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

BUT! We could be getting a titty scene out of this.

• Advertisement

hmm but what if 47 does the proper 47 thing and kills her/uses her to get to his target then its the proper 47 thing and we got our good hitman movie and maybe some boobies at the same time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

As long as 47 is cold-hearted while making a hit, rather than 1990's action hero, "Hey mouse, say cheese." and generally maintains that aura of coolness brought on by the games, I'm more or less happy.

Judging from the trailer it looks like they are going for the "tortured soul" aspect ... he was a cold hearted killer, until one woman warmed his heart ... that kinda thing

Hollywood studios would never release a movie that is 100% true to the series. They just don't make movies where the main charachter is an emotionless and remorseless killer for hire. I'm still looking forward to it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I didn't even know/care that they were making a movie... that's how excited I am!:p

/edit
    That actually looks alright... might end up checking it out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Looks better than the first trailer did, but still don't hold much hope for it.
    Then again, I'm not a fan of the hitman games anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

There were reports going around for a few months that the film was dumbed down to get a PG rating, but it just got an 18's rating in the US so I guess they were wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I think the trailers look ok but honestly think they got the wrong actor for the job here. I'll wait to see if the movie can change my mind.

Advertisement