Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi Firm in Balbriggan

Options
  • 12-11-2007 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a reliable one
    There's only 1 listed with Golden Pages and when I rang it this morn I got an answering machine saying they weren't working at the moment ?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

A Cabs

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Try Cabs 2000 in Swords . Where are you wqanting to travel to ?
    01 8900900

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

SuzyS1972 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a reliable one
    There's only 1 listed with Golden Pages and when I rang it this morn I got an answering machine saying they weren't working at the moment ?
    Maybe you can tell us which one you've used so we can leave that one out :rolleyes:

Bracken Cabs - 8 43 43 43

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'll second Bracken Cabs - always very reliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Thanks
    It was

Balbriggan Cabs

Mostly to or from the train station or into Swords

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

G-Cabs are the one I use.
    Never had an issue with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

<snip....irrelevant>

The firms I use are G-cabs 01-8417777
    or
    Bracken Cabs as mentioned above.
    I reccomend G-cabs BUT ask for a Taxi and insist they put the meter on!! otherwise you cold be in for a nasty surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2stageturbo

G-cabs have been pretty good when i've used them;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

How much are taxis from Balbriggan to the city centre? Say, O' Connoll Street?????

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭paulie13

Roughly €60!

• Advertisement

Why don't you call one of the numbers given above & ask the taxi firms directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

018202020 20 percent of prebooked cash jobs

Lillylilly , PM me with your details and I can give you an exact quote .

sharkman wrote: »
    Lillylilly , PM me with your details and I can give you an exact quote .
    Balbriggan to O'Connell Bridge, how much?

It would be €55 to €58 on the meter , however there are variables , traffic , time of pickup etc . So I have quoted the fare for midday with no holdups .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

I've got taxis home from town for around €40

edit to add: it was on the meter

It would be €55 to €58 on the meter , however there are variables , traffic , time of pickup etc . So I have quoted the fare for midday with no holdups .
    Would you do it for 40 euro? Midday with no traffic it's a 30 minute journey (32 km) from point to point, less than 5 euro worth of petrol in a 1.4 -> 1.8 ltr car.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 Flintrock

G-Cabs are the one's I use,very reliable.01-8417777 Ya can pre-book a price with them,very reasonable.

I saw your comment earlier , I'd be interested to know why it was removed ..

I saw your comment earlier , I'd be interested to know why it was removed ..
    Because the poster is soapboxing about a single issue that they have. Boards.ie does not exist as a vehicle for people to slag off businesses they don't like.

In future - PM a forum mod if you have such concerns.

tHB

PS - I've just deleted their latest attempts to do this.

PPS - If they do it again they will be banned.

• Advertisement

We always used Bracken Cabs when living in Balbriggan, never let us down, I even posted a thread praising them after I lost my phone in a taxi! They used to do a flat rate 45 euro from town (usually picked us up at Busaras, driver would phone to arrange) but I think it went up to 50. This was in 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

We always used Bracken Cabs when living in Balbriggan, never let us down, I even posted a thread praising them after I lost my phone in a taxi! They used to do a flat rate 45 euro from town (usually picked us up at Busaras, driver would phone to arrange) but I think it went up to 50. This was in 2012.

On the subject of taxi's from town. Given the q's of taxi lining the streets of Dublin lately, the last 3 times I have been out in town in the Dawson street area, I have gone to the front cab and asked them how much to Balbriggan. Gotten it for 40,40 & 35 last 3 times. That was their offers. One lad said 50 and I told him it was too dear, so he done it for 40. Doesn't hurt to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Always use Bracken Cabs and can't complain. Have pre-booked for the small wee hours of the morning many times as well as just walking into the office. Faultless service.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Jimdagym wrote: »
    On the subject of taxi's from town. Given the q's of taxi lining the streets of Dublin lately, the last 3 times I have been out in town in the Dawson street area, I have gone to the front cab and asked them how much to Balbriggan. Gotten it for 40,40 & 35 last 3 times. That was their offers. One lad said 50 and I told him it was too dear, so he done it for 40. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Fully agree with this, I've gotten it for 35 now a fair bit, just get prices along the rank before jumping in the car and agree what suits...

Advertisement