Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

webcam

• 12-11-2007 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I've bought a PC LINE Webcam 100K ,have installed and uninstalled numerous times however my pc cannot find the video device.Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong.I have tried to install on two different pc.s.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Not being funny here but have you checked that the webcam is compatible with your commputer Operating System and that you have the video RAM requirements necessary?

I'm assuming it's USB mounted? Is it a USB 2.0 device? IF so then it may not work in a USB 1.0 port. Do your PCs have USB 2.0 ports?

Also you might get a better answer somewhere in Tech but I'm not sure what forum would be most suitable...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

I had that with a webcam bought in Lidl. Turned out I had to do the complete opposite to what the manual said!:D Can't remember now, but try:

Installing the software first, then connecting the camera.

If that doesn't work try the opposite way around.

If you're successful you should see a little window appear with driver files transferring between the CD and system folders.

Hope that helps.:)

Advertisement