Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tallaght Test Centre Closed?

Options
  • 12-11-2007 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

I've heard that the Tallaght Test Centre is closed? What impact will this have on those people who have applied to the centre?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Have you gotten a date & time?
    If not, then you might get sent to an outside testing place.

What happened me was I applied to Churchtown - but I got a test with the SGS in Deansgrange (I think Churchtown was too busy). So perhaps something similar might happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm just about to get a letter from work in order to see if I can help speed up my test. I had a date in July but had to cancel it as it clashed with holidays, so I've been waiting since.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭Trampas

My mate applied for Tallaght and rang them to find out when he would be called.

They said Tallght was closed and they didn't bother to reassign his test to another place so back to the end of the queue he went for Churchtown/Rathgar.

Ah well, I'll pull out the application letter from home and give them a ring then tomorrow.

My original application was in January believe it or not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

That's a bit crappy - not reassigning people.

Yeh I'd give them a ring about it dudara - and hopefully it won't be too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,786 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Theres a few lads here who've applied and got confirmation letters for the Tallaght test centre in the past two weeks - we're around the corner - so if its closed they've got an almighty ****up on their hands.

Wait, its the RSA, of course they've an almight ****up on their hands...

Also, the new waiting list PDF released two weeks ago has it in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

typical of the government to promise that everyone will have there test by june of next year wit a statement like that they will have to increase the amount of centres not reduce wat a joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

ecoli wrote: »
    typical of the government to promise that everyone will have there test by june of next year wit a statement like that they will have to increase the amount of centres not reduce wat a joke!

Lads whats the crack, what do we do? As in who do we ring, i got a number off the RSA and its been engaged since may, not joking, read a post somewhere before the day i was ringing then i spotted the date stamp ,needless to say i wasnt surprised. Iv tried a couple of times since, but no joy, this is the number i was given by some dude on the phone to comfirm my test as I got an error message on my gmail account. Anyway got my confirmation letter two weeks ago for tallaght, no mention of it being closed, even for the RSA I cant believe they are letting people apply for a test centre thats closed, and then putting them to the back of the queue?!

Oh if were stuck we could apply to navan.. They have two test centre's.. :mad:

UPDATE: Rang the helpline today and got through within 2 minutes. Nearly fell off the seat when I answered so quickly.

i explained that I had heard a rumour about Tallaght, so the agent asked me where else would I like to sit the test. I asked for Churchtown/Rathgar and he said no problem. When I asked about going to the back of the queue, he said that I would stay where I am, no going back to the back of the queue.

Very pleasant experience. Couldn't complain.

dudara wrote: »
    UPDATE: Rang the helpline today and got through within 2 minutes. Nearly fell off the seat when I answered so quickly.

i explained that I had heard a rumour about Tallaght, so the agent asked me where else would I like to sit the test. I asked for Churchtown/Rathgar and he said no problem. When I asked about going to the back of the queue, he said that I would stay where I am, no going back to the back of the queue.

Very pleasant experience. Couldn't complain.

So its true?? fcuks sake.. What number did you ring? Please post it!!:D

• Advertisement

I used 1890 40 60 40

The agent didn't confirm or say if Tallaght was closed, he just asked me where would I like to do my test.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Yeh its closed over a month now. The lease was up and they decided not to renew as it wasnt a suitable location for a testing centre. In fairness it was a dangerous area, trucks all over the place

Yeh its closed over a month now. The lease was up and they decided not to renew as it wasnt a suitable location for a testing centre. In fairness it was a dangerous area, trucks all over the place

Right lads, was on to the customer service dudes earlier today, the tallaght test centre is closed but test are being carried by the private company in Fonthill, Liffey Valley so your still in line to be tested, just not in Tallaght. I did hear myself that there is a really high pass rate there and the girl on the phone confirmed this, she said people were actually ringing specifically asking to be tested there rather than tallaght or other locations. She also told me the that waiting times are gonig to increase dramatically and not decrease as the government said, what a surprise, but sure we knew this anyway.

The thing is i managed to get a test date in Naas for the start of December, could have had next week if i wanted, so anyone for Tallaght, ring up and be nice and you might get a really quick test date in Naas if ya want one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Oh my god, I cant help but think ill be this time next year without my full license..

Really cant wait for the test.

The government really need to get off there backside on this one and sort this problem out it getting quite serious, like I applied for my test around 3 weeks ago, and still no letter with a confirmation or a date. Fearing the worst for my test date..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Feachan

I gather the Tallagh Test Centre closed because the lease ran out and a new one could not be found immediately. From speaking to RSA I am told that a new centre will be up and running in Tallaght in next number of weeks. This is why the Centre is not taken off the list and application forms.

Feachan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭SeanW

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    Oh if were stuck we could apply to navan.. They have two test centre's.. :mad:
    Navan's waiting time used to be 60 weeks - that's right, a year and two-odd months. So they need the centres.

SeanW wrote: »
    Navan's waiting time used to be 60 weeks - that's right, a year and two-odd months. So they need the centres.

Im sure they do, but what about tallaght with a population of over a quarter of a million? Which is still increasing exponentially?! Surely they should have had a new test centre in place and no gap in service, planning its an amazing thing. I was also told that the waiting time for tallaght was 6 months before the fiasco at the bank holiday weekend and now it would be even worse, a customer care agent in the RSA told me this, very nice, helpfull and brutally honest.

Advertisement