Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia Sync'ing?

• 12-11-2007 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭

It's been a while since I've used a Nokia phone, the 8890 would have been my last model. Since then I've had SE phones and more recently Windows mobile phones. Main reasons for the windows phones was because of the hardware (WLAN & GPS). However with the imminent release of the Nokia N82 I will probably be moving platforms as it has what I need in a decent form factor.

While the windows mobile was not the most user friendly it did sync very nicely with Outlook (mail, calendar, address book and sms via Jeyo plugin) but I want to get rid of Outlook, don't like it. So this leaves me with some questions..

I can install Thunderbird & Lightning and using GCalDaemon I can sync my address book and calendar flawlessly with my Gmail account. As GCalDaemon acts as an LDAP server I can also sync with the default windows address book. The Nokia PC Suite can then sync with the windows address book and from what I understand it can also handle SMS sending and backup from the desktop. Now the only piece missing is sync'ing the nokia calendar with the google calendar or with Lightning. There is an app called GCalSync that could work but sounds buggy.

So how are other Nokia users currently doing all this?

I know there is an online portal called ScheduleWorld but I don't want my data going through a 3rd party, would rather a direct sync.

Comments

Advertisement