Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for computer bits...

Options
  • 12-11-2007 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Is there anywhere in the city I might be able to pick up a CMOS battery quickly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Aidan, aren't CMOS batteries just Lithium Watch batteries? You know the CR20xx type? Any watch/office supplies shop should be able to supply the ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You know, I was never sure if they were the same or slightly different...

I guess I should have Wiki'd first, it seems they are. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

You know, I was never sure if they were the same or slightly different... I guess I should have Wiki'd first, it seems they are. Thanks.

Take your old battery out & take it to any store/shop/jewellers. They should be able to match it..

TJ911...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I'd try somewhere like Argos - likely to be way cheaper than a jewellers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

deRanged wrote: »
    I'd try somewhere like Argos - likely to be way cheaper than a jewellers.

To be honest, I'd rather pay the extra 50c in a jewellers than wait 20 minutes in the hoopy earing world of Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

ned78 wrote: »
    To be honest, I'd rather pay the extra 50c in a jewellers than wait 20 minutes in the hoopy earing world of Argos.

indeed, but I meant 9.50 versus 1.50 as happened to me once. plus I go to Argos at 9, before the regulars get up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

CR2032 is the standard for PCs. If it's a laptop I'd check it first as I've seen Cr1220's in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

you should be able to get them in most electrical shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 quemlar

Try Maplin in Blackpool. Bring in your old battery. The staff there are technically competent and won't set you wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

quemlar wrote: »
    Try Maplin in Blackpool. Bring in your old battery. The staff there are technically competent and won't set you wrong.

hahahahahaha! :D oh that made my day!

Advertisement