Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

using nokia e65 on three as modem for pc

• 12-11-2007 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

they say its not possible and that three have blocked this function. can it be true

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

no i've done it. plug the phone in with the usb cable, then press connect to the internet on the nokia pc suite.

press settings and select configure connection manually (or whatever it says). under access point name type "3ireland.ie" without the quotes, press next and finish. then press connect and it should work fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've done it with a prepay SIM (once age verified with internet addon and standing on one leg)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I've only done it with a mobile broadband add-on, but it works just fine as per CV's instructions. This is in fact one of the reasons why I have a mobile add-on. It's very handy to be able to access the internet on a whim.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭bonkers

it hasnt worked for me yet..

there are other sections like username and password
    are there default entries like my mobile number for them

the username and password should be blank. it should work exactly as i described above. what happens you you press connect?

make sure that your browser is closed and there are no active connections by going to connect.->connection manager-> act. data conn.

and close any active connections by pressing the C button before plugging the phone in

• Advertisement

not sure

says something like connection failed

but when i connect it says im being charged 49c per mb... i have the top xseries add on.. do i still get charged extra for this

bonkers wrote: »
    but when i connect it says im being charged 49c per mb... i have the top xseries add on.. do i still get charged extra for this

legs11 said something similar. i have a pre pay sim so maybe they're set up differently. when i had a bill pay account it didn't cost anything but there was no such thing as 49c per mb then. maybe someone with a bill pay account could clear it up for you.

i wouldn't recommend calling customer care because they'll just tell you to wipe your sim card

edit: now i think of it, i used to get a warning saying the same thing but i wasn't actually being charged. it would say the internet costs 49c per mb without an add on and give me a link to buy the add on that i already had. maybe you should check your balance, download a few mb's and wait a day or two to see if you actually did get charged. you'd have to keep track of your calls in the meantime of course

cant get through to my work email.. nor the likes of liveleak.com
    any ideas how to get past this

bonkers wrote: »
    cant get through to my work email.. nor the likes of liveleak.com
    any ideas how to get past this

can you get through to anything at all? there are a few sites that don't work on 3 and i don't know if liveleak is one of them

is your work email through outlook or a program like that? 3 has awful problems with SMTP (the protocol outlook uses). if so, is there a webmail version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Well, now at least you know how the USB broadband customers feel. How this product can legally be described as broadband is really quite beyond me at this point.

Look on the bright side, you didn't have to face all the modem incompatibility issues too.

Advertisement