Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female tattoo artists in Ireland

Options
  • 12-11-2007 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am based in Kilkenny but willing to travel if they are good.

Basically I want a very colourful pin up girl style tattoo....along the lines of Hannah Aitchinsons work.

Ta!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I love love LOVE Hannah Aitchinson's tattoos....

The only female artist I know of is in Cork and her name is Karen Russel. But why does it have to be a female?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i know there's a chick used to ink in colourworks, not sure where she's at now, but no harm in ringin up colourworks see if they know...

there's a chick in snakebite on abbey street as well, dont know a whole lot about her, but she always seems sound enough when im in there...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That'd be Denise. When I was getting my phoenix done she was doing a freehanded tattoo on a guys shoulder, and it looked great! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Helen from Skullduggery in Belfast is deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

out of curiosity, why a female tattooist?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Because I think a female would have a better idea of what I want.

Colours, delicacy, feminine pin up like figure drawing.
    I would feel uncomfortable pitching my thoughts on what I want to a bloke that does tattoos for guys 90% of the time.
    To be honest im not sure they would take me seriously.

Also from years of looking at tattoos Ive never really seen tattoos done by men that I REALLY like, its always been ones by women that I adore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Just a suggestion, you may not want to rule out guys. I'm sure there are some excellent male tattooists in Dublin who are experienced with pin ups and I doubt men make up 90% of their clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Female tattooist in Newbridge, a friend of mine got a nice piece from her.

http://therazorsedge.info/contact.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Gauge wrote: »
    Just a suggestion, you may not want to rule out guys. I'm sure there are some excellent male tattooists in Dublin who are experienced with pin ups and I doubt men make up 90% of their clients.

Ah yeah im not totally closed to male tattooists - just been my experience so far but I certainly dont know everything!

My question was just out of curiousity really - im still open to all suggestions!

Its looking like the new year anyway before I get it done - bloody christmas expenses!

Advertisement