Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Remote Assistance

• 12-11-2007 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭

I've a mate I've just built a PC for and he'll be collecting it tomorrow. He lives down in Carlow and there'll doubtless be some inevitable config (e.g. codecs etc.) that needs to be done once he starts using it, and he'll need help sorting it out cos he's only got basic tech knowledge.

Both his pc and mine run Vista Ultimate, so I was thinking we could use Windows Remote Assistance to let me remotely take control of his desktop and make the necessary changes. Is that what Remote Assistance is intended to be used for and is it literally as easy as following the instructions (i.e. choose the option to create a setup file and email it to a friend)?

I guess there'll be some port forwarding configuration to be done on his router - what port does it use and will he need to manually configure the forwarding?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

hi frank

this does not answer your question but will you consider LogMeIn Free as an alternative? It does support Vista now and less configuration required on his machine.

Marty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Thanks, yep if that will do the job then I'll use it for sure. Is setup easy enough, or should I be expecting to do some router configuration on his side?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 BSmith

Can't give you a rock solid answer on either way, but Windows Live Messenger also allows for remote access with just a few clicks... I, ehh told the mott i was looking for viruses... :D

Advertisement