Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Qashqui 2.0 SVE Auto

Options
  • 12-11-2007 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm looking at trading in our 02 Alhambra for the Qashqui. I wanted to get an automatic and it only comes in the 2.0 as per Nissan dealers.

My question is has anyone got this model (any spec) vehicle and what are your thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I can't quite answer your question maybe someone else can- but I tried to buy one these other day and they said I'd be lucky to have it before March, maybe longer if I wanted the automatic. Yikes :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I took one for a test drive earlier this year and it was a pretty good drive. Very comfortable and well specced.

You might find it a little smaller than the Alhambra, but if you've only got a couple of kids there'll be loads of room for everything.

As aphex said, the waiting list is terrible and it's one of the main things that put me off buying was knowing I'd have to wait so long... That and the fact it's still a Nissan...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Demand:Supply ratio on them is mental. Call me cynical but I'm of the opinion that Nissan Ireland aren't exactly rushing to import shiploads of them from Sunderland, stir up the hype etc that type of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

I dont know the answer to your question OP but I must say I like the Squashi. Its not an SUV, its not even trying to be and SUV, its just a tall hatchback.

The 1.5 diesel is a great engine Im told and someone drove one from Lands End to John o Groats on a single tank of fuel.

But its possible Gormley thinks this car is an SUV and he could increase tax on it significantly in the budget so be warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

I'm working an angle on the supply issue through a contact and would hope it could net me something earlier. Theres bugger all movement on price. Any dealer with a demo is holding for full value. So, either their holding off or "on inside knowledge" its poor old free state gets dregs of the orders.

But I've being discussion the 2.0 issue and its still in the air regarding engine size. Its only for a second run around car, so about 7k a year. I took a look at the vehicle and I think its sweet as a nut. Much smaller of course than the Alhambra but thats a big machine by anyones standard.

Great to hear the fuel economy, I wonder how the 2.0 auto would reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

It does 8.3 l/100 km, whatever that is.

Its certainly not going to set the world alight with performance, 0-100 km/h in 11.3 seconds and 178 km/h top speed.

Pity there is no 2.0 litre diesel, I don't see much of a market for a replacement Almera on stilts that has the dual "evils" of being a 2.0 and an Automatic when you're trying to sell it. The "humongous":rolleyes: engine size will not help resale values I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ice_Box wrote: »
    The 1.5 diesel is a great engine Im told and someone drove one from Lands End to John o Groats on a single tank of fuel.

I assume thats the same one thats in the new Laguna? Test drove one (laguna) the other day and it seemed a nice engine, didnt feel at all sluggish.

E92 wrote: »

Its certainly not going to set the world alight with performance, 0-100 km/h in 11.3 seconds and 178 km/h top speed.

Pity there is no 2.0 litre diesel, I don't see much of a market for a replacement Almera on stilts that has the dual "evils" of being a 2.0 and an Automatic when you're trying to sell it. The "humongous":rolleyes: engine size will not help resale values I'm afraid.

I agree with everything your saying. Although I loved my three door Almera many years ago. Its really about the automatic than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

E92 wrote: »

There was supposed to be a 2.0 Diesel but they don't mention it on their site. Maybe its coming next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Dermo123

Last March I posted on these boards about the supply issue as my father in law was looking for an automatic Qashqai. SAme story as now but I emailed every nissan dealer in the country and I got a reply from Deansgrange Nissan who were getting a 2.0 Auto SVE leather etc. No discount was offered on a straight deal but we managed to get €1,000 off with a bit of hard grafting. That represented about 3% discount.
    Car was delivered in mid April and my father in law is very happy with it. The auto is in fact a CVT auto and is supposed to be more economical than the manual????? However going from a Prius to the Qashqai he does not notice a huge difference in fuel bills so it can't be that bad.

• Advertisement

Cheers Dermot, thats great to hear. I need to work some magic on supply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 NISSANKEV

Hi,

My name is Kev and I work in Nissan In Tullow. I hope to shed some light on your quest for a Qashqai.

Due to supply issues, the Qashqai is very hard to get your hands on (as we all know!). Every dealer in Ireland only got a few to sell between Jan - Mar 08, and another few from Apr - June 08. The 2.0 L Diesel will not be in until the Latter half of 2008

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

What are Nissan going to do now that VRT is changing. Will any savings be passed on to the consumer or are Nissan trousering the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

NISSANKEV wrote: »
    My name is Kev and I work in Nissan In Tullow

Hi Kev and welcome to boards. In principle I have no problem with people posting here who have a vested interest. There's a line though between helping people out and being a genuine poster on the one hand and pure spam on the other. You've gone way over the line into the wrong side

You're new here and I'll give you a second chance. I've edited your post in this thread, and I've deleted a few other posts

Read the charter before making any other more posts

Advertisement