Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil Delamere - stand-up any good?

Options
  • 12-11-2007 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭

He's playing Sligo on Wednesday night.. was tempted to go but wonder if his stand-up is worth seeing.

Anyone see his stand-up or DVD (is it the same show he's currently touring with)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I have his DVD, mostly pretty good but it does fall a bit flat by times. Don't know if its the same show though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

I seen him in Galway last year and I found his show really good to be honest. There are worse ways to spend a wednesday evening. Definitely worth going to see

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers lads. Bought 2 tickets at lunch anyways.

It was sold out but they just got had 2 tickets returned as i phoned so i was lucky, and good seats too.

Will let you know what i think on Wednesday night / Thursday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Saw him in Waterford last year. He's a good laugh, nothing spectacular but just make sure you dont make eye contact with him or he'll rip the piss out of you!

Archimedes wrote: »
    .. just make sure you dont make eye contact with him or he'll rip the piss out of you!
    Ha.. i've a good history of avoiding it.

Girlfriend got us 2 tickets to Tommy Tiernan in Vicar Street a couple of years back, and we were in the front row directly in front of his mic stand... he ripped the piss outta the two couples either side of us! Phew! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I saw him in a small place in Temple Bar some time last year doing a show about Vikings. Thought he was excellent. Seems like a nice bloke too, had a bit of a chat with him afterwards about his set and the general state of affairs in the Irish stand-up scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Saw him in Galway last year, he was really good but had a good bit of drink on him he was hilarious. Kinda departs from the whole 'nice guy' thing and actually swears live (which you'll never hear him do usually on tv) tends to pick on people near the dront especially if youre drunk!! :D:D:D

Cheers.. all these good reports have me pumped for it now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I saw him at Vicar St earlier this year and I really thought he was great, lots of genuinely funny laugh out loud moments, and he's an exceptionally quick thinker. Of the comedians I've seen doing stand up, he's my favourite by quite a bit. Would love to see him again

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I thought he was excellent as well. He had a bit of crowd disturbance to deal with as well that turned nasty, but he handled it very well I thought.

• Advertisement

He was absolutely fantastic... but a comedian who thrives on audience participation. I can't recall much material - he just found about 7 - 8 people in the audience who he kept finding links with in his material and it went from there.

One guy named Barry White, one guy named VERY similarly to a guy from Westlife - all were a bunch of lads from 5th class whose favourite subject was construction - the jokes wrote themselves.

Best Irish talent at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

yeah he has come on leaps and bound when it comes to crowd interaction, i saw him in the international a few years ago and he really didnt do any talkin to the crowd and even when i saw him in vicar street (his first ever vicar st gig) he talked but not alot, i think the panel has helped incredibly with that! but talkin to the crowd or not, the man is a legend!

Advertisement