Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelworx cycle shop, my 2 cents

Options
  • 12-11-2007 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

Well,

I know nothing about cycling up until a few months ago I was thrown into a sprint triathlon and was laughed at for suggesting I could do it on a mountain bike........

Since then I have managed to get myself a very cool bike at a good price from a very accomplished cycling friend of mine. My bike far surpasses my ability, seriously...... Its comical :D:D

After some browsing around and enquiries I came across Wheelworx, to get my bike set up and possibly serviced,

I have to say that both the fellas I dealt with Rob and Fernando were a great help, he didnt do that thing that some knowledgable people do when faced with a complete numnut, and be patronising or ignorant about the whole process.

I work in the sales and service industry, and I am rarely impressed by people in this way, it was lighthearted, good craic and I got exactly what I was looking for, a resource that I can go to for any cycling or triathlon stuff,

I would suggest that anyone that is looking for advice, or equipment to go to here, I saw him deal with a couple looking for a childs first bike, same professional and friendly service, regardless of the level of bike or money being shelled out,

Ya never know he might even give you a few quid off too,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

i met one of the guys from wheelwork's at Triathlone this year, and i who ever i met from the store was sound and gave me some good advice, i said i call up to the store and buy some stuff, so i'll have to call up sometime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

Met Rob at that Static Triathlon on Grafton Street a few weeks ago. Sound bloke. Might take a spin out to them for my beloved's first service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Wheelworx

Thanks lads:o
    We had to be nice to gabgab as he brought 2 big rugby mates for protection on Sunday ;)
    Eagle check out the new website and cunnins4 I hope you got the wheel sorted
    Rob

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I bought my latest bike at Wheelworx (a Trek 1000) and I must say I was very pleased with the service - quick,efficient and friendly. I didn't entirely know what I was getting, but they were really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

ah yeh sure you need to bring the big lads, they are always laughing at me, with that "cardio malarky....... another steak and extra gravy, thats what you need"

that lad that was with me was still puzzled that you could spend thousands on a pedal bike, "I could buy a car for that sorta money ya dopey ***t"

ha ha,ignorance is bliss,

• Advertisement
Advertisement