Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Courses In UCD

Options
  • 12-11-2007 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm interested in studying business and i'm hoping people could give me information/feedback on their courses if business related?

Thank You! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭kf1920

i'm doing regular commerce and its grand, not too stressful.

u end up with a decent portion of the marks before the exam so they aint as important.

I believe that if u turn up to most of the lectures u'll be on the most part sorted, if u dont bother turning up it gets a bit tough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

Thank you. :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭t_ucd

I'm doing International Commerce and I love it. We don't have to do some subjects that the BComms do (like Stats, wooh!) but studying a langauage through Arts isn't easy so that makes up for it. There have been one or two courses that I've hated but that's always the way, and overall I think the Commerce courses in UCD are really good. There is a lot of continuous assessment (essays, tests, presentations) and if you do some work throughout the year you can come out with really good grades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 daboyfergie

I think the best course in the Quinn School, possibly UCD, is Business and legal studies, all the big employers salivate when they here B+L mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

t_ucd wrote: »
    I'm doing International Commerce and I love it. We don't have to do some subjects that the BComms do (like Stats, wooh!) but studying a langauage through Arts isn't easy so that makes up for it. There have been one or two courses that I've hated but that's always the way, and overall I think the Commerce courses in UCD are really good. There is a lot of continuous assessment (essays, tests, presentations) and if you do some work throughout the year you can come out with really good grades.
    You dont do stats, not even in second year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭kf1920

redcar wrote: »

STATS? does normal commerce do stats?

Unless u mean quants, i havent done it either

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

The other course Quinn does is Economics and Finance. I did this.
    It's really not much to do with business though, it's more maths, stats, econ, finance, etc.
    Nice course if you like maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭t_ucd

redcar wrote: »

Nope! Don't know how we slipped past that net, but I'm not complaining. :D

Advertisement