Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts Ball

Options
  • 12-11-2007 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭

It says on the UCDents calendar its at the end of this month.. but I haven't heard anything about it so far.. and do you have to be a member of Arts Soc to go?

Thank you

Oh and any feedback from previous balls would be v appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

No you don't have to be an ArtSoc member, and i'd imagine it'l be advertised either during this week or early next week.. Unless that date was just provisonal/a guess..

TBH I haven't heard anything about it either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

It has been postponed until early semester 2. Its gonna be the biggest thing to hit UCD this year with top class acts from across the country and beyond! Watch this space ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Tá Mé Gaeilge

it's on the 7th of February from what i hear....... right smack bang in the middle of Seachtain na Gaeilge.... i swear i'm not bitter

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

7th February eh? Well, pity the only top class act playing near/on this island will be in Belfast that night, with me in attendance. For some reason I dont feel at all disappointed at missing it. Couldnt have gone to it on the original date either, as I've to be at airport at half 4 in morning, to see the same band as I'll miss the actual day its on:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Mushy wrote: »
    7th February eh? Well, pity the only top class act playing near/on this island will be in Belfast that night, with me in attendance. For some reason I dont feel at all disappointed at missing it. Couldnt have gone to it on the original date either, as I've to be at airport at half 4 in morning, to see the same band as I'll miss the actual day its on:D

QOTSA are muck. Fact. ;)

Anyway, as regards previous years, I'd imagine this year's event would be quite different than that of previous years with there not having been an Arts Society to run it every other time. This year's one is probably gonna be much much uberbetter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I've heard stuffage about it and I'd be tempted to go... just depends now on money

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

QOTSA are muck. Fact. ;)

Anyway, as regards previous years, I'd imagine this year's event would be quite different than that of previous years with there not having been an Arts Society to run it every other time. This year's one is probably gonna be much much uberbetter.

HEY! You *points*, enough of that carry on now:D

Ah no, if it was on the 30th, as says on the calendar, I couldnt go cos I've to be at airport at half 4(in the morning of the 1st) to go to Bristol to see them, and if its on the 7th of Feb, well I've paid €105 for a ticket for them:eek:, so I think I'll give the Arts Ball a miss. Its not that I'd dismiss it completely, just that I love QOTSA more, and in all fairness, QOTSA were here first:D(hopefully somebody gets that bit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

it better not be like the ucd ball (festival) where it all hype and they cant get one decent act like i mean wtf very disappointed like the freshers ball was 100 times beta line up and didnt cost 1/4 the money

Advertisement