Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dashboard Symbol?

Options
  • 12-11-2007 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Drive a Peugeot 206, there is a red stop sign under the speedometer flashing for about 3 seconds on my dashboard and the goes away, It happens just after I start driving. Theres also a red symbol that looks like a box floating on water or something??That also flashes for a second and then goes away....any ideas what it means?? Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Check the owners manual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭rosyposy

Sorry dont have it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I would have the oil level and brake fluid checked immediately.

Red lights generally are a warning and the car should NOT be driven !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Low coolant level is the "floating" symbol and the stop symbol is the "Central STOP warning light" whatever that means. Link to your handbook in PDF format => http://www.pug-cc.com/downloads.php

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

"STOP" on a Peugeot dash generally means "stop driving and get mechanic", IIRC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭rosyposy

Thanks Hobart,exactly what I was looking for. Will have to get it to the garage in the morn,really annoying coz the car feels fine!!

Advertisement