Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which case?

Options
  • 12-11-2007 3:59pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm in a bind. Want to get a new case, but can't decide what. I'm torn between the CM Stacker or Cosmos. Any thoughts or suggestions? Want a big one as I'll be putting another 8800GTX in the future and want some room to manouver. Will also be lashing hard disks into it as time goes on.

:edit:
    I should have said, the machine will be going into my room so whilst cooling's important, I don't want the noise of a hair dryer when I'm trying to sleep :) Don't have watercooling and it's not something I'm considering.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Kharn wrote: »
    I'm in a bind. Want to get a new case, but can't decide what. I'm torn between the CM Stacker or Cosmos. Any thoughts or suggestions? Want a big one as I'll be putting another 8800GTX in the future and want some room to manouver. Will also be lashing hard disks into it as time goes on.

:edit:
    I should have said, the machine will be going into my room so whilst cooling's important, I don't want the noise of a hair dryer when I'm trying to sleep :) Don't have watercooling and it's not something I'm considering.

Well considering the stacker has no sound muffling what so ever, the side panel composed mainly of metal mesh for air flow and the cosmos has a lot of padding for noise reduction......

Don't know what the airflow in the Cosmos would be like for an SLI rig though. The only complaints I ever heard about the cosmos was that it weighs a ton and the internal temps are a little high. Also the cosmos's way of mounting hard drives was not liked by some reviews.

For airflow,a ton of hard drivers and SLI the stacker would be ideal, but it wont be very quiet

I think 1 or 2 lads on here bought cosmos case, so they should be able to give you a good idea of what they are capable of.

Tough choice.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

*bump* Any further thoughts anyone? I'm open to other suggestions...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

have a stacker 831 tis a great case for an air cooling rig also alot better build quality than thermaltake cases if seen and used +removable mobo tray ftw!! have 4 hard drives in mine and could fit anoter 8 if wanted and the gtx will fit with about 3" to spare between it and hard drives hope that helps

edit: but if your going to put alot of fans in it get a fan controler and just turn them down or off at night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Forget about the stacker and cosmos. They are loud and ugly looking yokes. Go with a high end silverstone ( tj07/09 ) or a high end lian lie ( v2000a/v1000a ).

The Tj-07 is what i have myself, and you have seen it and liked it. Its very quiet too, and a dream to work with. The lian is is also nice to work with, but looks messier(sp?)

The only problem with them two cases is the price. You will be talking 300€ or more. As no one in ireland sells them, apart from dabs. But they have been out of stock for 6 months and cant get them back.

Personally when ever i want a new case i go to www.scan.co.uk They have a awesome selection, are quick to ship and are cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Second the Lian-Li, best cases by far...but you have to pay a premium for that quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭NordicDiver

Any idea shipping cost for a Silverstone tj07 from www.scan.co.uk would be ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

What do people think of the Antec cases? The Nine Hundred or P182 have got my attention...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

900 has awesome cooling, but getting it tidy insed is a nightmare. the p182's cooling is a joke.

@nordicDiver. I bought one a few months ago, didnt have much change from 400€

Advertisement