Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insulation under a wooden floor ?

Options
  • 12-11-2007 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,
    I am having wooden floor put down. Tomorrow, in fact.

Might anyone know if there is any kind of heat insulation which can be put down under the wood? It does not seem to be usual, but I guess it must be worth doing!
    thanks,
    JM

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i put rockwool under mine, it was on battons so there was a couple of inches underneat it that were going to be hollow. Put it down to deaden the hollow sound as much as anything, and it worked a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Upstairs or downstairs (down I presume!)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 john.m

Hi,
    thanks for the replies.
    Yep, downstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Sorry for not asking this in the first response, but what is under the floorboards presently? i.e. to support insulation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 john.m

Hi,
    The wood floor will be laid on concrete.
    thanks!
    JM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

If we're talking about a suspended timber floor then I put some kingspan under mine held in place with nails and batons.
    Might be an idea to lay down some plastic if it's an old house and if there is no dpm in place

Advertisement