Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Handset Return Policy (Voda)

• 12-11-2007 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Got a new Nokia 6300 last week, which I'm happy with, however, the Voda brochure had one of its specifications as "Long Battery Life" giving a time of 350 hours. (the phones I compared against hadn't that box ticked, K800i, Nokia 6324)

So far the phone manages about 36-48 hours on standby.

Now I can appreciate that like 0-60 times for cars the figures quoted can be a little out, but the actual times I'm getting are one tenth those quoted. Even giving for the fact that the battery might improve after a few charges its still not likely to get to 30% of the figure quoted.

Is this grounds to return the handset?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i'd say its worth a shot. the 6300 is well known for having a bad battery life so they'll believe you at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Patrickof wrote: »
    Got a new Nokia 6300 last week, which I'm happy with, however, the Voda brochure had one of its specifications as "Long Battery Life" giving a time of 350 hours. (the phones I compared against hadn't that box ticked, K800i, Nokia 6324)

So far the phone manages about 36-48 hours on standby.

Now I can appreciate that like 0-60 times for cars the figures quoted can be a little out, but the actual times I'm getting are one tenth those quoted. Even giving for the fact that the battery might improve after a few charges its still not likely to get to 30% of the figure quoted.

Is this grounds to return the handset?

Patrick, just so you are aware in future, handset standby times are based on optimum conditions, being close to a phone mast with full reception, with all screen saver options off, bluetooth/3g off (i know the 6300 doesn't have it), dulled screen etc. They're also based on you not getting any texts or calls, as well as sending them. In short the standby times you see aren't based on real world conditions at all.

The amount you "use" the handset also has a dramatic effect on the handset - my p990i has a theoretical battery life of 340 hours, but with rss feeds, checking textsits 2 days max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

the standby time for my N93i is 11.5 days
    I get less than 1 day
    I charge it every night
    Take the phone off charge at 8am and its beeping for a charge at 9 or 10pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

neilled wrote: »
    Patrick, just so you are aware in future, handset standby times are based on optimum conditions, being close to a phone mast with full reception, with all screen saver options off, bluetooth/3g off (i know the 6300 doesn't have it), dulled screen etc. They're also based on you not getting any texts or calls, as well as sending them. In short the standby times you see aren't based on real world conditions at all.

The amount you "use" the handset also has a dramatic effect on the handset - my p990i has a theoretical battery life of 340 hours, but with rss feeds, checking textsits 2 days max.

THanks neilled, am well aware of that. My issue is that the phone had listed as one of its features "Long Battery Life" whereas others with a similar (ish) standby time didn't have this box ticked.

Advertisement