Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singulair Medication & Children

Options
  • 12-11-2007 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭

Hi, Has anyone else had experience with Singulair Granules for use on asthma treatment with children/toddlers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

hi

I dont have experience of them with kids but OH had them in tablet form and helped quite a bit. ONly ones my kids on are ventolin and benzotite

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Thanks undecided, I was trying to find out other people's opinions on the potential side affects of this drug on children, and yes, before anyone suggests, I have read the label(s) and spoken to a doc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Our youngest is on this two years now and its been the best advance in her health care yet. We have not had to use her blue ventolin inhaler since we started her on this. And she is down to one puff of the brown preventer per day ..

Our experience has been all to the good, decreasing our doctor visits and with no hospital stays in the past two years.

We have not noticed any adverse side effects but I do know of one person whose child had excessive itching and had to stop taking singular.

My husband has recently started on the adult version ..but its early days for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

thanks for your feedback littlebitdull. Our little one is on it only a few days but we have noticed her change in mood and she wakes during the night very upset (trust me, we have been spoilt with the nights, she rarely wakes). We have also noticed she had a few nose bleeds lately which again is rare.
    Maybe it's all a coincidence but only time will tell.

Advertisement