Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car boot sales?

Options
  • 12-11-2007 5:19pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 199 ✭✭

anyone know of any car boot sales going on in and around the city? need to clear a few bits and pieces out of the house....and i'm broke!
    already googled it, but i only found info on the one on the headford road.
    thanks in advance!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Last thread didn't get any replies so don't get your hopes up

Maybe here

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 199 ✭✭fun bus

apologies! didnt spot that.
    cheers for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

There's a car boot sale out on the Headford Rd opposite McGaughs garden centre every sunday. It's a bit crap and he charges 20 euro per car which is expensive by car boot standards. A much better one is on in Tuamgraney just outside Scarrif. This is indoors in an equestrian centre and is also weekly. Well worth a visit and it is only 10 euro a car. Also there is one in the community centre in Gort monthly ( latest one was this Sunday just gone). Otherwise its a visit to Castlebar which is a bit of a hike but well worth it

thanks for all the info!
    i travel to westport a good bit, so might give the one in castlebar a go.
    cheers again!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Potluck

whats the car boot sale in wesport like and is it on weekly? is it indoors or outdoors?

• Advertisement

i dont know if theres one in westport.
    i know they have french markets and farmers fairs every so often though, especially coming up to xmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

Is the headford road one, near the dump?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

fun bus wrote: »
    i dont know if theres one in westport.
    i know they have french markets and farmers fairs every so often though, especially coming up to xmas
    Its not actually in Westport. It's in Newport a few miles away in the Campus Garage forecourt and a building behind it. It's a 10 euro for spot outside and 15 for a table inside. Went there this sunday to check it out. Its small, over-familiar and not up to much really. I have heard that it is really good in the summer months though.
    [QUOTE=Is the headford road one, near the dump?[/QUOTE]
    Yes. It's on a bit further on the same side of road opposite the garden centre.

Advertisement