Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving test Wednesday

Options
  • 12-11-2007 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, just new on this site but i find it very informative.

Have my test in cork Wednesday in the Doughcloyne center. Hoping to pass is, have had a few lessons and been practicing etc. Is there any extra things i should be aware of, questions which might not be in the RSA book etc? And also my windscreen washer pump is very dodgy and only works every so often. If he asks me to show how to use this and it doesn't work what would happen?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭cc

during my test in the wilton centre he asked me to point out a few things under the bonnet but specified first i don't have to touch or do anything, just point where they are, same with the controls in the car. Unless you are unlucky enough to have a truck on a rainy day spray mud onto your windscreen and you can't spray it off you should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Lets hope that doesn't happen haha. It works the odd time but i would be quiet reluctant to try use it during the test in case it didn't work.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Your instructor should be able to fill in you in on anything else you need to know.
    In light of your washer problems, I would recommend you give all the windows a good clean so you will be less likely to be asked to demonstrate it anyway. Plus it aids your observation. If it is raining, bring a cloth to give the windscreen a wipe before you start the test.
    Anyway I am sure a clean car gives a better impression.
    Good luck. :)

Yea il clean up the windows alright. Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully il be back tommorow with good news.

Bad news.

Got a call dismorning on my way to school, Canceling my test with just a few hours notice. They said they would give me a call again in a few weeks.

Very dissappointing as i have been waiting a long time to do this and finally was about to do it. I dont have a date or anything for my next test or anything, pretty dissapointed.

Nothing i can do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hope you didn't answer the phone while driving! :p

Seriously though, that's quite disappointing.

Only upside is il get some more practice done in the next while. Hopefully it will be enough to pass first time as i dont want to have to go through all this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭cc

thats annoying, especially with such little notice. Hard luck

Got a call tonight. Have my test at 2.05 this friday. Hope i do well now

So my test is tommorow. One question.
    Is it ok to change gear while im turning. Say im at a t-junction and im stoped on the side road, then i pull out in first gear, is it ok to go into 2nd while the car is still turning?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

AFAIK its ok, once you keep proper contol over the steering wheel, and dont spped up too quick.

Best of luck with your test

Thanks, il let ye know how i got on in a few hours. Thanks for all the help

Wuuu, Passed it! First time. Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Congratulations and well done.

Thanks! Such a good feeling to pass it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

well done. Iv got mine tomorrow keep your fingers crossed for me:D

thanks.

ALl the best of luck dude, i was pretty nervous but once i got over that it wasnt so bad, try to stay calm and alert. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Congrats Dr.

Advertisement