Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Help Me

Options
  • 12-11-2007 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hello,
    I'm a 20 year old female student from Chicago, IL, US. I'm going to be attending UCD next fall. I plan on moving to Dublin in late August. Here is the problem. I have a cat, and I can't bring her in on a student visa. I know about the quarantine and the requirements, I have all that taken care of. I plan on staying in Dublin after I graduate from University. I need to get married to an Irish Citizen. I will come to Dublin early spring and take care of everything then. I can offer money to whoever is willing to help me out. I'm serious about this arrangement, please help me. Feel free to email me with further questions.
    Thanks
    trashbikefiend@gmail.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The problem is the cat or the marriage?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Go on Biko, I'd like to see an honest man being made out of you!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Am a tad confused here, if you marry on irish person you can bring the cat over, is that right??

Hey, i will marry you for about €20k - pm me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 angieh

the problem is the cat. I love her dearly and don't want to leave her behind in the states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

angieh wrote: »
    Hello,
    I'm a 20 year old female student from Chicago, IL, US.
    According to your MySpace page you're 57. Well, unless there's another Angie from Illinois who uses the name "trashbikefiend" and likes cats.

• Advertisement

angieh wrote: »
    the problem is the cat. I love her dearly and don't want to leave her behind in the states.

i still dont understand what getting married has to do with the cat ? am i missing something here ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Fuck it, I'll marry you for 20k, 17 or 57 it's all good.

You a good cook?

clown bag wrote: »

You a good cook?

i got in there first - that 20k is mine ;)

57? :D I retract any perceived offer of marriage.
    Although I have no clue about these things there should be a way to bring cat with you without having to marry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

You a good cook?

LOL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SMM

eirebhoy wrote: »
    According to your MySpace page you're 57. Well, unless there's another Angie from Illinois who uses the name "trashbikefiend" and likes cats.

Haha. Busted! :)

right angiem, has PM'd me - we are getting married and i am getting the money, so everyone can move on - now there is nothing to see here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

eirebhoy wrote: »

You really can't lie on the internet anymore. Well maybe you can if your willing to really put a lot of work into it?

Seriously though op we've got cats here too ya know.

i'm 20 not 57. people tend to search based on age and then send creepy messages to young girls. I can cook.

irishbird wrote: »
    right angiem, has PM'd me - we are getting married and i am getting the money, so everyone can move on - now there is nothing to see here

get outa it misses, same sex marriage isn't legal in this state.
    Uncle clownbag will take care of the yank and her pussy.

Is'nt Angieh a chick and irishbird sounds like a female name. Unfortunately same sex unions are'nt allowed here yet.

how do you know she isnt lying about her sex as well as her age, maybe she/he is the dirty perv on the interent looking for young boys to fiddle with

Damn you stealing my post!!

Is'nt Angieh a chick and irishbird sounds like a female name. Unfortunately same sex unions are'nt allowed here yet.

merely technicality, i mean its against the law to get married so you can bring you cat in to the country as well isn't?:p

Not to blow my own trumpet or anything but I go to UCD and I am 21 so I am a similar age to angieh.

• Advertisement

how do you know she isnt lying about her sex as well as her age, maybe she/he is the dirty perv on the interent looking for young boys to fiddle with

you seem willing to risk it. I am too. I'll split 10k with you and we can just stick her on the next plane home once we have her money. We can then make lolcat pics with her cat.

you seem willing to risk it. I am too. I'll split 10k with you and we can just stick her on the next plane home once we have her money. We can then make lolcat pics with her cat.

deal

*spits on hand and shakes*

deal

*spits on hand and shakes*

excellent :)

Right OP, send on the 20k and myself and Irishbird will look after you.

On a more serious note looking for a husband on boards.ie is not a great way to find love and long lasting happiness. You do not have to get married to stay in Ireland, we are not like they US we are generally very welcoming to US citizens and grant them work permits with relative ease.

haha. the check is in the post. I'll just send you both 20K. Seriously, I'm a pretty poor student. I hate America and I'm just looking to get out of here and not get kicked out of Ireland in 3 months after my student visa is up. I'd be happy to buy a round of drinks once I arrive.

On a more serious note looking for a husband on boards.ie is not a great way to find love and long lasting happiness. You do not have to get married to stay in Ireland, we are not like they US we are generally very welcoming to US citizens and grant them work permits with relative ease.

shhhhh, I already have that 10k spent.

If you want to import a dog or cat into Ireland from a qualifying non-EU country (pdf), the pet animal must undergo the following in this order:

* Be microchipped (this must be done before anything else).
    * Be vaccinated for rabies (may be done on the same day as microchipping).
    * Be bloodtested after rabies vaccination and microchipping at least six months before entry (the pet must have a result greater than 0.5 IU/ml).
    * Be treated for tick and tapeworm between 24 and 48 hours before departure.
    * Have a Veterinary Certificate (passport) issued or endorsed by the competent authority in the country of origin.
    * Be accompanied by the owner (or person acting on their behalf) on an approved carrier into Ireland.

shhhhh, I already have that 10k spent.

Sorry clown bag. Angieh if you have a bachelors degree finished you can get a 3 or 5 year work permit and stay in Ireland for that period of time. In that time if you find the right person you could marry them, for the right reasons. Marrying somebody for citizenship is something that has been common over here so the government have brought in laws to combat it.

thanks, I have all of her papers and shots taken care of and a vet appointment the morning of my flight. I spoke with someone at the consulate, however, and they informed me that if I tried to bring a cat into the country with a students visa they would ship me back on the next flight.

• Advertisement

I don't have a bachelors degree. I'm coming for school. Thanks, though. Marrying for citizenship is a huge issue in the states, too. The gov't is cracking down. I don't know why anyone would want to come here though

Advertisement