Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

renting dj equipment

• 12-11-2007 5:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

wers the best place in dublin to rent dj equipement??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Rent mine for 200E a night! LOL Sorry try that place in Ranleigh road, but I wasn't impressed with the condition of the kit thay had, so maybe Google will be your friend.

DJ Spider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    Rent mine for 200E a night! LOL Sorry try that place in Ranleigh road, but I wasn't impressed with the condition of the kit thay had, so maybe Google will be your friend.

DJ Spider

Thats SoundHire - just beside the Ranelagh LUAS station. The higher end kit (CDJ-1000s, Pioneer mixers) is in decent enough nick - the cheaper lights frequently aren't; very nice and obliging pair of blokes running the shop though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

jimi_t wrote: »
    very nice and obliging pair of blokes running the shop though.

Not when I went! They had a shoddy pair of speakers and wanted 300E each for them. not sure what they were, but if I turned up at a gig with them, people would think what a shambles! Also the guy didn't really seem interested in telling me about them, or giving a price. He was on his phone and texting, and not really being very customer friendly. YMMV

DJ Spider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Thats SoundHire - just beside the Ranelagh LUAS station. The higher end kit (CDJ-1000s, Pioneer mixers) is in decent enough nick - the cheaper lights frequently aren't; very nice and obliging pair of blokes running the shop though.

Nice blokes?

****in right! They got me out of a hole one night and opened the shop for me for speakers for a gig, I fully recommend them!

Failing that theres dj world (I think) in Swords, in Castle shopping centre, decent prices aswell....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 souldeep

Litton Lane Audio Hire 01 4351600

Can supply everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ss-ss-ss

Dont ever use Soundhire in Ranelagh. I recently rented decks & a mixer & lights for a 21st, we paid €120 & had them rented until 2 o'clock the following afternoon. When the 21st finished & we were putting the equipment into a car to bring to the after session - as you do - your man from the shop appeared from no where, took the equipment out of our car & took it back in his van - with no explanation as to why he was taking them back 12 hours early.

We got our money back off him - but I would never use them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Prefabsprouter

I have found Sound Lease off Ballymount Road, Dublin 12 to be very good. Have used them for years with no major hassles. Their Peavey stuff is quite good although I have my own decks, dont like renting decks. Here's the link: http://www.soundlease.com/rent.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 J.R Ward

session hire just beside grand canal dock station.. reasonably priced and the guys are sound 016606777

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

I'll vouch for Session Hire too, always sorted me out and with good prices too. The lads are bang on also.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads i know a guy who lives in south dublin who has a great selection of stuff and always gives me brillaint prices, a fraction of what the big shops cost. PM me and I'll send you his details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

ss-ss-ss wrote: »
    Dont ever use Soundhire in Ranelagh. I recently rented decks & a mixer & lights for a 21st, we paid €120 & had them rented until 2 o'clock the following afternoon. When the 21st finished & we were putting the equipment into a car to bring to the after session - as you do - your man from the shop appeared from no where, took the equipment out of our car & took it back in his van - with no explanation as to why he was taking them back 12 hours early.

Definitely a lot more to the story than this :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I could see his point also, some private parties can end up on a secluded beach with a generator and have the gear confiscated by the cops, he would then have to wait months for the court case to pass before he gets the gear back.

I used to work in the sound hire business and stuff used to missing L.R. & Ctr. We would insist on the venue sat up and then be at the venue at closing time to collect the gear. We had one group of lads that hired gear for a gig in the local community hall, the place got broken into the night after the gig, thankfully the gear was collected straight after the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭EvolutionNights

Session Hire is the place to go.
    Great guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

mmmm.. strange post for a first post.

Even though I'm a big supporter of any sort of illegal music gathering, I would certainly not allow my rented gear to be used if I was a rentals business.

As was said before, if the gear was confiscated you could be down a lot of money even if you get it back after a month. Not worth the risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

J.R Ward wrote: »
    session hire just beside grand canal dock station.. reasonably priced and the guys are sound 016606777

I've used them a few times ,make sure your happy with the gear though. I got a reduction from them because I wasn't too happy with condition of stuff.

Sound blokes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

sorry lads this is prob a bit off the agenda ..
    i have a problem with my numark cdmix2
    one of the cd trays wont open and the display wont show up .
    is there anywere in dub or around that could take a look at this and fix my problem .please help i have a gig in a week and need it sorted quickley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

session hire or planet sound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

pad180 wrote: »
    sorry lads this is prob a bit off the agenda ..
    i have a problem with my numark cdmix2
    one of the cd trays wont open and the display wont show up .
    is there anywere in dub or around that could take a look at this and fix my problem .please help i have a gig in a week and need it sorted quickley

don't bring anywhere apart from aquarius sound in cellbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

senan s wrote: »
    don't bring anywhere apart from aquarius sound in cellbridge

sorry senan s are they in the village its self .i know cellbridge well but have never seen the shop ..thanks

• Advertisement

Anyone hire stuff from Audio Comm in Dundalk, Co.Louth, what are they like ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ss-ss-ss

Definitely a lot more to the story than this :rolleyes:

Doesnt matter fact was he had no right to take them back when we had rented them untill the next day, if he had explained the equipment couldnt be used elsewhere maybe then he'd have a leg to stand on but he was totally in the wrong.

He ended up worse off anyway, karma baby!!

Advertisement