Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Draught Proofing Front Door - Options

Options
  • 12-11-2007 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

I am looking to seal around my front door. I would like to stay away from the cheap sticky seals as these were already on the door and had crumbled away.
    I have seen a few around and the one that catches my eye is this one from Trend. If anyone has experience with others fell free to pass them on
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Overkill for a door... "-30 degrees to +200 degreesC." ?

What's the Irish made brand called? Eiretex or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Jnealon wrote: »
    I am looking to seal around my front door. I would like to stay away from the cheap sticky seals as these were already on the door and had crumbled away.
    I have seen a few around and the one that catches my eye is this one from Trend. If anyone has experience with others fell free to pass them on
    Thanks

this one is not really suitable as a retrofit.

there are ones attached to long lengths of brass that u screw on to jamb: I forget wher I got mine but they are good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

They can be retro fitted as long as you have a router. I dont mind routing a rebate in to the frame or door.
    Exitex do some nice ones but the ones I was looking at only come in 100M lengths

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭10-10-20

That's the one - Exitex!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Jnealon wrote: »
    They can be retro fitted as long as you have a router. I dont mind routing a rebate in to the frame or door.
    Exitex do some nice ones but the ones I was looking at only come in 100M lengths

IMHO, if u can 'retro-router' this into an existing, insitu door frame with a router, yuou are v good indeed as even with the best will in the world it will be tough to get into the corners.

The door, yes if u take it off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Depending on the seal and the type of cutter used corners will not be a problem. For those that you can't get in to the corner with, like the one in my previous post, I guess you'll have to sharpen your chisel

Advertisement