Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Killers Single

Options
  • 12-11-2007 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭

Not really a huge fan of the Killers but they've certainly had a few godd songs.

Just heard the new single there and I have to say, on first listen, it's probably the best thing I've heard in years.

Whatever about exisitng fans but i'd be interested to hear if any other people were surprised by it...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Which single is it?

Have they stopped trying to be Springsteen yet? ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Driver 8 wrote: »
    Have they stopped trying to be Springsteen yet? ;)
    I thought the idea with the second album was Beard + Springsteen = Credibility?

I think it is their best song in a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

This is off the third album

Although aparently it's a B Side album so i'm not sure if this is previously released on one of the old singles...

I doubt it though cos Lou Reed features on it. It's called Tranquilize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Their second album was one of the best in ages. Certainly better than the boss' recent effort

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

I'll take Magic over a second rate version of Born to Run any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Listened to the album today and it's average at best. Sure a load of the songs have been included on previous albums -

'Glamorous Indie Rock and Roll' - Hot Fuss
    'Under The Gun' - Hot Fuss re-release
    'Ballad of Michael Valentine' - Hot Fuss re-release
    'Change Your Mind' - Hot Fuss re-release
    'Where The White Boys Dance' - Sam's Town

Add to that a pretty crappy and long winded remix of 'Mr. Brightside' and some decidely average songs and you get a poor and pointless release imo.

Advertisement