Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer or Samsung monitor?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

I have 215 tw , its my third Samsung monitor. Never had a single problem , no dead pixels .....Always recommending them to my friends......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Thanks. Mostly it's the quality of the panels I'd like to know about, regarding uniform brightness, colour quality etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Kid Icarus

I really can't tell you for certain (I don't have either), but I have done a fair bit of looking into this because I'm gonna buy one myself. I've chosen to get the Samsung; it's gotten better reviews than the Acer and has a lower response time (I'll be plugging my Xbox in there, so that's a big plus to me).

The only thing I came across for the Samsung was that there were (at least) two different panels that went into it; one of the panels was slightly weaker than the other (have the link in work, I'll PM it to you tomorrow). All the same, the site said that the Samsung was still the best for the price.

Hope this is of some help, and like I said, I'll PM the link tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

That's great. Thanks.

Maybe there are others, but these seem to be the best monitors with a 1680x1050 resolution and 24 bit colour for the price. Amazon sells the Acer cheaper but without the DVI output. And you can get the Samsung with 1080p HD-readiness and added HDMI output but it costs nearly 300 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Ive seen a few of the larger acers, they look ok. I bought a samsung 226 bw, great monitor, don't believe i got an A panel, but its still the business.

My favourite monitor? Why my viewsonic of course!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Redundo

I second the Samsung 226BW, don't care what panel it is, it looks amazing. Haven't been gaming yet, but watched a black and white movie the other night and it was crisp and clear with no ghosting. My previous monitor was a Samsung 900P (i think) top of the range at the time i got it, but the 226BW makes it look like an old 15" CRT in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Is it easy to switch between the DVI and VGA inputs on the Samsung 226BW? (easy as in is the switch or whatever easily accessible)
    Very tempted to get one and would be using DVI for my pc and VGA for my 360...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Kid Icarus

tman wrote: »
    Is it easy to switch between the DVI and VGA inputs on the Samsung 226BW? (easy as in is the switch or whatever easily accessible)
    Very tempted to get one and would be using DVI for my pc and VGA for my 360...
    This is exactly what I plan to do too! I believe there's a "source" button that allows you to select the input. Just out of curiosity, how do you plan to manage the sound?

I already use an old stereo for my pc and 360, it has loads of rca phono ins and outs on the back, so is fairly handy for it...
    I'll be buying a surround sound system soon though, so I'll have to choose that fairly carefully... there's nothing more annoying than having to switch loads of plugs around when you want to use a different system

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Just bought the SM226BW and its just waitin for my 8800GT to arrive in the post. I know I can check what panel I have but where exactly is it on the monitor? I know there is a type number on the back (mine ends with S) and there is a s/n as well (can't remember what it ends with). Which line on the rear tells me what panel I have???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

I have 204 bw , its my third Samsung monitor. Never had a problem with it, no dead pixels

I am happy to recommend Samsung to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Don't mean to rob your thread or anything but looking to get a samsung aswell. Is the 24" worth the extra €150ish over the 22" ???

Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Havent built my PC yet but my mate brought his PS3 over today and hooked it up to my SM226BW and to say the least it was very impressive. So much so he is probably gonna order one this weekend!

http://www.komplett.ie/k/k.aspx?action=weekly
    €293 on Komplett's weekly offer this week...

so much for waiting until after crimbo to order it:p

Advertisement