Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm Setting

Options
  • 12-11-2007 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,
    We purchased a house with a HKC safe and secure installed. We have no codes and no contact for the installer.
    Is there any way of getting a universal or engineer's code and arming it that way?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

the factory code is
    4567 engineer
    engineer is 1111
    Its unlikly those codes are active
    try reset it by disconnecting the mains & battery power > remove the LK1 link on the main PCB, power up & try factory user code. Replace link
    If it disarms you have successfully defaulted the panel.
    If that does not work the panel is engineer locked & you will require an engineer to call & reset it for you.
    Do you have a name for the company that installed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

I agree , or ring ring HKC!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Cadzer wrote: »
    I agree , or ring ring HKC!

What will HKC do for him?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 declan87

Hi,
    We purchased a house with a HKC safe and secure installed. We have no codes and no contact for the installer.
    Is there any way of getting a universal or engineer's code and arming it that way?
    Thanks
    Did the reset advice work for you? thanks Declan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 diy clueless

Not really sure what was intended to be removed in the advice .
    Where is the LK1 and what is the PCB?
    Tried disconnecting all the power points and removing some of the sensors etc.
    Anyway can use the alarm with the original code but the engineer code has been altered with no contact details for the installer.

• Advertisement

The PCB is the main circut board .. LK1 would be a small plastic link near enough to centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Not really sure what was intended to be removed in the advice .
    Where is the LK1 and what is the PCB?
    Tried disconnecting all the power points and removing some of the sensors etc.
    Anyway can use the alarm with the original code but the engineer code has been altered with no contact details for the installer.

If you dont know what a PCB is dont go near it and look in the golden pages for an alarm installer in your area

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

How is it you bought a house and did not think to ask for the code? Surely the previous owner knew, at the very least the estate agent should know since they had to let people in and out for viewings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 KingDermo

not sure who to get in??
    The Alarm Industry is regulated now, try...

http://www.psa.gov.ie/psa/psa.nsf/registervw?Openform

koolkid wrote: »
    the factory code is
    4567 engineer
    engineer is 1111
    Its unlikly those codes are active
    try reset it by disconnecting the mains & battery power > remove the LK1 link on the main PCB, power up & try factory user code. Replace link
    If it disarms you have successfully defaulted the panel.
    If that does not work the panel is engineer locked & you will require an engineer to call & reset it for you.
    Do you have a name for the company that installed it?
    Wrong!!
    Disconnecting the mains via the Fuse Spur.
    Open Panel Lid.
    Disconnect battery leads
    Remove the JP1 link on the main PCB
    Power up--keep ur fingers out!!
    If you are prompted with "default panel ?" say yes --this defaults the panel
    If it does default, it will go into alarm afterwards but the above codes can be used to unset & enter engineering mode.
    If you do not get the Prompt to default, the panel is Engineer locked.
    You might as well kill the power and save on your electricity bill while you get an installer out.
    IF ANY OF THIS SEEMS CONFUSING DO NOT MESS WITH THE ALARM!!

• Advertisement

thanks for that-will try this weekend-anyone living on southside should be able to identify me unless they're deaf or away for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 harbottle

[PHP]You might as well kill the power and save on your electricity bill while you get an installer out.
    [/PHP]

Problem there is if he has an SAB then the battery on the bell will kick in when all the panel power is lost and the bell/siren will sound until the on board battery runs out.

The SABB Battery will not ring longer than the jumper setting on the bell itself. If it does runs down, it will charge up again when power is reapplied to the alarm system. no big deal.

Cant tell you what the default jumper setting time is, but the ringing of the bell follows the jumper setting. I set it to 3 minutes to stay on good terms with the neighbours :)

Worked a treat -gave me a number of choices when it came to defaulting -std- panel- dmc etc
    Anyway it's defaulted and I have managed to set the time, date but have had no luck in changing the user or engineer code both of which are as printed on the Main PCB.
    the panel is not engineer locked as far as I can establish-
    I guess I really need to get my hands on a HKC Engineer's or Installer Manual- I have the Owner's manual.

Advertisement