Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problems with dealers

Options
  • 12-11-2007 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Just wondering, has anyone had similiar problems with dealerships and what course of action they've taken with them? Back at the start of July i contacted a number of large main dealerships with the intention of buying a brand new car. Of the four dealers i contacted in my part of the country, only one seemed genuinely interested in taking a trade in and returned to me offering an actual price....to cut a long story short, i laid down my deposit, and was told to expect my new car in 4-6 weeks....its now 4 months later, I've been told the car has been built and is in transit...but it hardly seems worth it registering the car as a '07 with six weeks left in the year..I would wait until the new year to collect it, but im sure they'll try to weasel out of the deal I made....to be honest I'm more angry with the attitude of the company than with the delay, I'm continually being told to expect the car next week...Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

I don't really see why they would have a problem keeping it til 08 for you at all. If you are still trading in the price for your car will drop if you wait until Jan but then again, they have probably priced you for Jan unless they are still offering you the same price they offered you for your car in July.

A mate had a similar problem without the trade in bit after ordering a new Landcruiser. 6 months after ordering, his jeep turned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I really and honeestly cannot wait for everything to steady off and for everyone to not lose massive amounts of income but to level out on their earnings so that when you go to a dealer your not asked to leave due to the clothes you are wearing or given the cold shoulder because they are due to finish in ten minutes.....

Stealersships are a disgrace and when the economic bubble bursts will start singing a different tune !

I hear Renault are pulling the plug on them now and just selling direct !!! About time !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

tintin wrote: »
    only one seemed genuinely interested in taking a trade in and returned to me offering an actual price....

its now 4 months later, I've been told the car has been built and is in transit...

By July most dealerships are stock heavy and instructions to not take any more trade ins (unless there approved) is common. But I appreciate how poor certain dealers are...

Delays in builds happen a lot. Not normally the dealers fault, their usually as frustrated as the buyer. No flow of sales means no money its simple economics.

I think you have a valid argument and yep they may try to change the terms if you ask for an 08 reg. The best approach is call in and state your case. Point out at this time of year the more than likely will not sell your car anyway. Offer some small gesture like €50 per 1000 miles over the mileage at trade in price (best defense is a good offense). This shows your reasonable and could solve a problem.

Advertisement