Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warning

• 12-11-2007 6:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

Tomorrow there will be a talk from pro life group Ultrasound.

Do not visit their website it has been comprimised. If you go to the site your gmail details will be stolen.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

wtf?

what if you don't have a gmail account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Then it may do other things to your computer.

The site was accessed using NoScript and Linux. So the chances of anything happening were greatly reduced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Yea right. This is just pro-choice propaganda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I hate these people. Leave people to make up their own minds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Heh, fairs day...

"Do you want to sign up for pro-life?"

"GOD NO!"

*Evil stare in my direction*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

I just came back from it, it was pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Rozabeez wrote: »
    *Evil stare in my direction*

Their weekly committee meetings must be spent perfecting the evil stare, I got one of them for telling them I didn't want to go to their propagandist talk. Honestly, how can you take them seriously when they're wearing a sandwich-board outside the arts block with something along the lines "I lie and kill babies" on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

Yeah most of those pro lifers scare the **** ou of me.. Its that level of intesity that you might find in fred west or tom cruise. The beading stare and the down your nose attitude that im sure ireland could do with less of. I remember a couple of years ago myself and my friends were in dublin and we stumbled across this massive pro life protest on O'Connell St. My mate went up to the guy standing in front of these huge billboard sized pictures of foetus' he stood there staring for a second and got your mans attention and asked him "How much for the big one there on the right?" Ahahahahahahaha

I've never laughed so hard,i could barely escape all the hub bub it caused as we briskly made our way away. Good times.just thinkin of it brings an ould smile to the face. :)

"75% of pro-life activists are male, 100% of THEM will never be pregnant"

LOLOLOL.... I sat in on an English lecture ^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I like the pro-lifers, they gave me a lollipop and some hilarious reading material.

• Advertisement

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I hate these people. Leave people to make up their own minds

They are offering another opinion that's all.

Offering or attempting to force?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

The guy wrote: »
    They are offering another opinion that's all.

An opinion I could develop all on my own without being harassed by either side. The pro life guys make you feel like you;re some sort of mass murderer for living in a world where abortion is practised and the pro-abortion guys make you feel like you're some sort of fascist for removing the choice for women. I hate them both for doing that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

I like the pro-lifers, they gave me a lollipop and some hilarious reading material.

Yeah, the ex-abortion worker thing was hilarious.I mean why can't they just argue the pro-life point of view without ridiculous accusations like abortion clinics are greedy immoral cooperations who push women into murdering their babies and then flush them down the toilet.

I mean I can't give them any credibility if their going to produce literature like that and basically just attempt to fortify the higher moral ground rather than give any constructive argument.THe fact that either a)they can't see that or worse b) they just want to manipulate uneducated and/or emotionally charged people, makes them a rather pathetic bunch IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

John wrote: »
    Their weekly committee meetings must be spent perfecting the evil stare, I got one of them for telling them I didn't want to go to their propagandist talk. Honestly, how can you take them seriously when they're wearing a sandwich-board outside the arts block with something along the lines "I lie and kill babies" on it?

i was in hall h for engineering all day and saw those people every time i left for the toilet / food etc... i told them not to hand me their propoganda and said id make up my own mind, they confronted me and said "if you had an open mind or if you were a smart person youd go" i said "well if its for open minded people andencouraging people to make their own descisions why not have a pro choice speaker too, i got that evil stare, that society actually has 7 active members, 7 , on fairs day i just joined minds and paintball instead, worthwhile stuff :P

i was in hall h for engineering all day and saw those people every time i left for the toilet / food etc... i told them not to hand me their propoganda and said id make up my own mind, they confronted me and said "if you had an open mind or if you were a smart person youd go" i said "well if its for open minded people andencouraging people to make their own descisions why not have a pro choice speaker too, i got that evil stare, that society actually has 7 active members, 7 , on fairs day i just joined minds and paintball instead, worthwhile stuff :P

I would love to see a pro-life pro-choice debate in maynooth. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

pisslips wrote: »
    Yeah, the ex-abortion worker thing was hilarious.I mean why can't they just argue the pro-life point of view without ridiculous accusations like abortion clinics are greedy immoral cooperations who push women into murdering their babies and then flush them down the toilet.

dude did you go to the meeting? Cause I did the last time they had a meeting and that's really not what was being said. (Not a pro-lifer btw, it was for a pubsoc article that never got online).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

To my mind at least, the Pro life society in Maynooth is very, very militant and biggotted in its actions and agenda. I find there is no grey area or room for compromise and that anyone who falls below these standards is somehow inferior or amoral.

Personally I believe they have a right to voice their opinions. But i do not believe in the sensationalist and ultimately false propaganda that they use to perpetuate the myth that ALL termination is wrong

. I also believe that in a secular society its wrong that when anyone gets around their guard they immeadiately fall back on the great cushion of religeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ringleader

Ultrasound != Pro life society in Maynooth.

Ultrasound keep invading the campus under cover of being a college society, when they're more than likely just some hillbillies up for the day to the big city of maynooth ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

if i set up a society that hated others beliefs i bet it would get shut down , the anti-semetic society or the anti-abstinance society wouldnt get any attention/aproval, but because NUIM is so closely church-tied its acceptable to throw propeganda at people and say its "open minded"

• Advertisement
Advertisement