Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes

Options
  • 12-11-2007 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

I really had no idea where to put this, so i just put it here. Sorry mods if it's in the wrong place.

Basically my conundrum is that I had about 2000 songs on my iTunes and they all got accidental deleted. Now I didn't own a lot of the songs I had due to borrowing albums from friends and stuff like that over the years, so I don't think it would be possible to get them all back. The songs are all still on my iPod, but now I have new songs on my iTunes I want to put on the iPod but I don't want all the ones I have on the iPod already deleted. So basically as I don't have the songs on my computer anymore, I'm wondering would they all be gone from my iPod if I plug it in to the computer to take some of the new songs that I've just put on iTunes. Anyone know if that's the case?

Does that make sense?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Download ephpod. You can transfer select songs from the iPod to your computer

http://www.ephpod.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

The music that was "borrowed", etc. may not be copied back to your PC for legal reasons and we cannot suggest how to do so.
    However, for the legally owned music:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50948556&postcount=14

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

CoolCiaran wrote: »
    I really had no idea where to put this, so i just put it here. Sorry mods if it's in the wrong place.

Basically my conundrum is that I had about 2000 songs on my iTunes and they all got accidental deleted. Now I didn't own a lot of the songs I had due to borrowing albums from friends and stuff like that over the years, so I don't think it would be possible to get them all back. The songs are all still on my iPod, but now I have new songs on my iTunes I want to put on the iPod but I don't want all the ones I have on the iPod already deleted. So basically as I don't have the songs on my computer anymore, I'm wondering would they all be gone from my iPod if I plug it in to the computer to take some of the new songs that I've just put on iTunes. Anyone know if that's the case?

Does that make sense?!

If you have set your iPod to automatically sync with iTunes, then yes, your songs on your iPod will be deleted when plugged in.
    If you have it set to manually manage music then they won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Well how do you manage to manually manage your music on iTunes and not have it in sync with your iTunes or whatever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

SumGuy wrote: »
    If you have set your iPod to automatically sync with iTunes, then yes, your songs on your iPod will be deleted when plugged in.
    If you have it set to manually manage music then they won't.

How do you set your IPod to manually manage ??

• Advertisement

Emm, I set mine up in the beginning to manually manage,
    but
    I *think* this should work:

Preferences -> Syncing -> Disable automatic syncing for all iPhones and iPods

Where do you see that option? On iTunes itself? I was just on my iTunes and I went inot Preferences and there was nothing about Syncing.

CoolCiaran wrote: »
    Where do you see that option? On iTunes itself? I was just on my iTunes and I went inot Preferences and there was nothing about Syncing.

Hmm
    I'm running iTunes 7.5.0.20 (You can go to "Help -> About iTunes" to check) on Windows
    Maybe it's different on different versions, but in the Preferences window I have

General, Podcasts, Playback, Sharing, Store, Advanced, Parental Control, Apple TV, Syncing

Yeah I have a different iTunes. On my own, its under iPod, and you actually have to have your iPod connected to make your preferences so I just put it in and I had it on Manually Change all along so I had nothing to worry about.

Thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

glad you have it sorted, was about to tell you of a program that would do the job, now i don't have to :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dink

If your new computer is Vista, will ephpod still work? All Purchased music is transferred but all our cds have not. Any ideas?

Advertisement