Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decking LED Lighting

Options
  • 12-11-2007 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good place or website to buy cheap Flush Decking Lights. The size I'm looking for are approx 100mm or have around 16 LED's in a cluster.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

They wont be exactly cheap particularly the LED variety. You could call into lighting world I think its called beside the brazen head in christ church. They stock every type of lighting. You could also try an electrical wholesalers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

if you can afford it go for the gu-10 type fittings. using these means you can replace a bub or change to a differant colour without having to change the whole fitting. you could also use enegy saving gu-10 cfl bulbs that will save you a few quid in the long run.
    if near the finglas area i could post 2 good electrical wholesalers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/31/12365331.html

Give this a go:D:D:D Hope i can do this (I have never used him but the prices look ok)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi Northdublin,

yea if you can post me the name of the suppliers that would be gr8,

Cheers

eci lighting and across the road from it is michael garry ltd. both hold or could get what you are looking for. they are both in north park ind est in finglas. from finglas towards the m50 turn in just befor the roundabout at dennis mahonys. go past the entrance to dennis mahonys and turn right take 1st left and eci is on yer left and michael garrys is on the right.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I purchased mine in Atlantic Homecare, slightly different to the ones you are looking for though.

Any Electrical Wholesaler will have catalogues for you to choose form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Just be careful if you end up going for the GU10 240v compact fluorescent bulbs (CFLs) as they are usually longer than a standard GU10 halogen bulb so don't fit all lamp holders - the LED GU10 bulbs are usually compatible, but check.

You could also try www.loweleds.com - I'm just about to place an order with them and I've found them helpful so far. No connection with them.

SSE

Just be careful if you end up going for the GU10 240v compact fluorescent bulbs (CFLs) as they are usually longer than a standard GU10 halogen bulb so don't fit all lamp holders - the LED GU10 bulbs are usually compatible, but check.

You could also try www.loweleds.com - I'm just about to place an order with them and I've found them helpful so far. No connection with them.

SSE

the 11 watt are longer then the 7 watt so if getting them go for the 7 watt they will fit most lamps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

if you can afford it go for the gu-10 type fittings. using these means you can replace a bub or change to a differant colour without having to change the whole fitting. you could also use enegy saving gu-10 cfl bulbs that will save you a few quid in the long run.
    if near the finglas area i could post 2 good electrical wholesalers

IMO using GU-10 CFLs as decking lights is a complete waste of energy and money. OP would be better to go for a GU 10 LED, brightness more than adequate and with a cost of < € 10/light for 40,000 hrs is a no brainer. The fittings (look for 'Eterna') brand are cheap and cheerful cost about € 20.00 and come with 1 m of flex and Connector Box. Very easy to instal, you will also require a hole saw. The GU 10 LEDS are available in a range of colours. You'll get them in all good electrical stores try TR Reilly's (Coolock) or Medlock on Richmond Road, Fairview/Drumcondra.

Advertisement