Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing query

Options
  • 12-11-2007 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,
    Can anybody tell me if it is possible to hire a quantity surveyor or equivalent to carry out the costings of my plumbing materials. My plumber has just completed the plumbing of my house. The invoice I have received is for €22,000 (he states on the invoice that this comprises €7300 labour and €14500 for materials). I have asked for a breakdown with receipts but he has not provided it as yet anyway.

Of the €14500 materials the only figure i know and have a receipt for is €3500 for the 3m2 solar panels and fittings. This does not account for the associated cylinder so there is still €11000 materials to account for. The house is 2500sq foot and the following is as close as I can give to what he has provided as materials. 3 m2 solar panels with a 200L 2”insulated copper cylinder and 5 metres of calpex insulated piping coming from garage to house, 1 x negative head pump (Phoenix Showers model), 2 x B energy rated grundfus circulation pumps (UPS 25-50 1 x 230V 50Hz), 1 x 60 gallon tank in attic, expansion tank in attic, 3 x motorized valves in hot press, Extanter piping under concrete to radiators (some copper also under pipework). Brass fittings, 20 x radiators (can’t remember name…they are very common…cheapest ones I think, Italian make, with 5 yr guarantee). He has only insulated some of the copper throughout the house. I provided separate to this a condensing boiler. Im not sure what lengths of copper were used but as I say the house is 2500Sq feet. Could these materials possible be costing €11000 based on the above?? Just to give an idea of the setup....i have a solid fuel stove, oil boiler and solar panels on the roof running to the 200L triple coiled cylinder in the hotpress.

Comments

Advertisement