Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ross Brawn joins Honda

• 12-11-2007 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Well its official hes gone to honda.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41272

I just cant see why he left Ferrari, why would you leave the team youve been with for 10+ years and brought to the top to go to a struggling outfit who are nowhere.

Money cannot be the only answer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,398 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I guess with Ferrari he's had sucess and can't really do any better. At least with honda there's a huge company that have the resources and after this season they can only get better (although they were so bad this year, it might be a year or two before theres any real improvement)

Good to see him back in the sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Its definitely good news for Honda but they already have next years car designed so it wont be an instant impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Well its official hes gone to honda.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41272

I just cant see why he left Ferrari, why would you leave the team youve been with for 10+ years and brought to the top to go to a struggling outfit who are nowhere.

Money cannot be the only answer.

I suspect that having left Ferrari and taken a year out, his old job had been filled and it would have been very hard for the team to give him his old job back.

He won't find it as easy with Honda, for while the team has plenty of money and may well be able to recruit any technical staff that Braun wants, you couldn't compare Button or Barrichello with Michael Schumacher and in the Ferrari package, Schumacher was a major factor not only in developing the car, but he has made every car he has ever driven better. Now's the time for Button to do the same, as I'm not sure Barrichello is a long term fixture at this stage of his career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 whatthe...

As a Ferrari fan, im ok with the fact that Ross has taken a change. As he said himself, he likes the challenge. Perhaps this was not at Ferrari considering their previous success and for someone that age with that much experience in F1, the motivation to drive a team forward must be there. In the case of Ferrari - they are already at the top. He also mentiones his relationship with his family. If he were to go to Maranello again, the distance would again affect his personal life.

There is alot of reshuffling going on at Ferrari. Todt is stepping down with Dominicalli taking over as team director. I think this is very good time for Ferrari to get out with the old and in with the new (as they say). They'll probably go through a bad spell as any other team would with a major change within the team but it again with flourish in the future as it did in the Brawn/Todt years. A positive move with positive results. If both Brawn and Todt stayed, I think it would just delayed the long-term development of the team for growing improvements.

Forza Ferrari

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

Typical political shenanigans at Ferrari. It was well rumoured/confirmed that Brawn was meeting Ferrari during the summer. It was well known and later confirmed that Montezemolo wanted Todt out of the role of team boss. This was a role that Brawn might want.

The timing of the Ferrari staff shuffle and Honda's announcement cannot be co-incidental. Maybe some sort of contractual embargo on the news on all sides. Did the new come as a surprise to Todt? Surely Brawn must known he wasn't getting the job if he had reached agreement with Honda. A bluff by Montezemolo?

Still, Nick Fry has been meeting a number of top Ferrari men this year.

Must be a kick for Nick Fry to have to hire his successor. Those crazy Japanese and the whole saving face. First Schumacher is allowed to announce he is leaving the team and now this. In a couple of months Fry will suddenly want to spend more time with his family and step aside.

Makes you wonder who Mike Gascoyne punched at Toyota...

• Advertisement
Advertisement