Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access DB Question

Options
  • 12-11-2007 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭

Hi,

Maybe some one can help me out with this. I have a microsoft access database with different personal details of a club. You know the usual name, address, dob etc.

My question is regarding to the dob field. Is there anyway in access or using other software of getting alerts on the pc saying who's birthday is coming up.

The dob field is in this format dd/mm/yyyy.

Any body have any experience in this.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭FindingNemo

watsgone wrote: »
    Hi,

Maybe some one can help me out with this. I have a microsoft access database with different personal details of a club. You know the usual name, address, dob etc.

My question is regarding to the dob field. Is there anyway in access or using other software of getting alerts on the pc saying who's birthday is coming up.

The dob field is in this format dd/mm/yyyy.

Any body have any experience in this.

Thanks

Loads of ways of doing this mate.

You can integrate with Microsoft Outlook, reference Microsoft Outlook and Office Library in the references in VBA.
    You can set it up so that any times the database is opened a function is run to see whos birthday it is and send them an email.
    Or you can just do a query and base a report on it and run it on a daily basis.
    Search on google, depends exactly what you want to get out of it.

Advertisement