Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frontpage: Aaargh what am I after doing?

Options
  • 12-11-2007 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Right.
    I'm designing a simple website (my first).
    I'm using Frontpage (I know that a lot of you are enraged at that, but let's take that as given.)

So I started off by doing mostly programming, and then planned on doing stuff like adding borders and changing fonts using the Frontpage options.

My problem is as follows:
    I'm actually finding it really hard to get a colour scheme that works, looks pro, and is usability-friendly. So I've been mucking round with the background colours and now, suddenly, I cannot change the page background colour under Page Properties > Formatting. The option is just 'greyed out'. I can change the colours in my layouts and cells, but just not the page.

I last changed it an hour or so ago, and now just can't figure out how to do it. I can't figure out what I'm after doing. I shut it down and opened it again (aware that I'm using MS) but that didn't help. Can anyone out there help me? I see no reason why the option should be greyed out for page background.

And while I'm speaking about background, is there an easy way to change all the (e.g. background) properties of each page in a website?
    And....anyone know any good way to choose colours, I can't find any info on this in books/net.

Thanks for taking the time to even read this far.

Cary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Caryatnid wrote: »
    Right.
    I'm designing a simple website (my first).
    I'm using Frontpage (I know that a lot of you are enraged at that, but let's take that as given.)

So I started off by doing mostly programming, and then planned on doing stuff like adding borders and changing fonts using the Frontpage options.

My problem is as follows:
    I'm actually finding it really hard to get a colour scheme that works, looks pro, and is usability-friendly. So I've been mucking round with the background colours and now, suddenly, I cannot change the page background colour under Page Properties > Formatting. The option is just 'greyed out'. I can change the colours in my layouts and cells, but just not the page.

I last changed it an hour or so ago, and now just can't figure out how to do it. I can't figure out what I'm after doing. I shut it down and opened it again (aware that I'm using MS) but that didn't help. Can anyone out there help me? I see no reason why the option should be greyed out for page background.

And while I'm speaking about background, is there an easy way to change all the (e.g. background) properties of each page in a website?
    And....anyone know any good way to choose colours, I can't find any info on this in books/net.

Thanks for taking the time to even read this far.

Cary.

Check your other thread RE controlling background colours etc from one file. I've a few links at work for colour schemes but if you look on google there are a good few sites that can give nice contrasting colours

Advertisement