Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 usb problem

Options
  • 12-11-2007 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

I’m using the o2 usb modem but can only get edge and while it’s a hell of a lot better than dial up its still not great.
    But anyway every so often it seems to stop my pc from starting up and if I disconnect it the computer starts fine has anyone else had the same problem.
    Also I’m wondering if there’s any tricks to try and get a stronger signal like the cantenna but that would suit the usb modem an o2 site near me was supposed to be upgraded recently but I must be still just outside of 3g coverage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Try selecting 3G only and see if that helps. Sometimes if Edge is stronger or it picks up Edge first it may not switch over like it should to 3G.

Not sure on your PC booting problems - try reinstalling your USB drivers and try alternative USB ports. I've had similiar problems before with other USB devices.

Also, ring O2 1909 and give them your address. They should be able to tell you if you *should* be able to get 3G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

I already tried 3g only no luck,so any other suggestions on either issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

gerky wrote: »
    I already tried 3g only no luck,so any other suggestions on either issues.
    Ring O2 data support 1850 601740 and they should be able to go through their troubleshooting guides with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Hi Rebel Ranter,

I have a similar problem (see my post of today)...can you help me any further?

appreciate any help...tks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭JMURPHY3

Hi folks,
    Dont plug out the modem when pc is booting it may take a min for XP to set-up the modem.This is what it is doing when scrren is blank before login screen come up-It does not mean that the pc is not booting.I got caught out with this on my first setup attempt with Windows XP........BE PATIENT:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Different problem I'm having.

Advertisement