Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rusty dog

Options
  • 12-11-2007 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi there, this is a kind of trivial problem but was just wondering if you can get a collar where the metal bits are resistant to rust? My dog goes for a good run about in the sea every day and the salt water is pretty corrosive - the clasp on the collar is plastic but the lead loop is metal and she ends up with a rusty patch all down her front!(she's mostly white) not exactly the end of the world, but any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TheB

Get Rogz ! Practically indestructable nylon collars with lockable plastic closes.. have a look at the website for info.. they are great..

Rogz Dog Stuff

I prefer the clip closures as if the dog were ever to get caught up it's an easily released from the collar.. also they are washable and metal parts don't rust etc..think they are stainless steel.. our dogs have them and swim a lot both in fresh and sea water - they haven't rusted.. previous dog had hers for 2 years without rusting..

Matching leads and allsorts on the website.. They are available from good petshops (both petshops in our town and the vets sell them)..

Bx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Have you ever considered rehoming? Rescue shelters are bulging at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 coisaille

Thanks TheB - funky website! I'll give them a go..

Advertisement