Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KCC every little helps

• 12-11-2007 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

KCC seem to be going out of their way to ensure people can't complain about the new supermarket in Celbridge. Does anyone know if boards.ie practice the same level of censorship as KCC do on the townsites forum or can we speak freely here about the contempt which Tescos shows it's customers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It depends - if you stick within the forum charter (which contains the rules - see top of the forum), then you'll find you are ok.

However, if you breach the rules, and/or post things which could lead boards.ie into legal hot water (who, believe it or not can be held responsible for what you publish) then you'll find that the discussion may be curtailed pretty quickly.

I'd imagine, however, that boards.ie would slightly less strict on things as they aren't controlled by any particular body.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

Sure fire away and see what happens!!! I'd imagine if you start ripping on Tescos you won't be alone!!! :D;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 soulsearcher

Probably won't be alone but Tescos will probably pull the same stunt here as on the kildare townsites forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Ah yeah, what ever happened to freedom of speech.

Can you not legally quote someone, as opposed to stating fact.

E.g.:
    "A guy told me that 'X' company pay below the hourly rate" is okay.

" 'X' company pay below the hourly rate" is not okay.

what ever happened to freedom of speech

People watched to much US TV and assumed it was a principle which applies globally. That's what happened to it :)

And no, "A guy said to me" isn't much of a defence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 soulsearcher

There has to be some way of getting the message accross when every little hinders the shopper instead of helping the shopper. If I wrote a letter of complaint about a shop to a newspaper. Would the newspaper be sued for publishing the letter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Have you contacted Tesco Ireland and given them suitable time to respond to your complaint/query?

There is a way of doing things that won't cause aggro, whinging on various message boards and being aggressive without actually putting your point accross properly is not it.

Would the newspaper be sued for publishing the letter.

Depends what it published.

Anyway this is going way off topic for this forum. Closing :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement