Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Router for a Wireless provider

Options
  • 12-11-2007 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭

Hi

I recently got Radiowave to provide wireless broadband to my house. I must say, so far so good!! Long may it continue

I would like to get a wireless router. Can anyone recommend any good routers for wireless providers? I have been recommended to invest in a 3com wireless 11g router.

Basically i will have the router upstairs and laptop downstairs. I will have a desktop connected, wired, to the router

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I use a Linksys WRT54GS and we have the WRT54G in work and I'd recommend either one. Never need to be restarted.

Avoid Belkin IMO or at least the MIMO router we had (can't remember the model number). The guys in the house had it before I moved in and I bought the Linksys because of how crap the Belkin was. Had to restart the router at least once a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

DUPLICATE thread.

mickzer.

Advertisement